BETDAQ XSP

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
dannn

In my experience,Betdaq liquidity is about the same as a year ago, 2% promotion didn't attract big players. Maybe they get better deal on Betfair :).
When you look at that screenshot above me, you can notice Accladora with back odds
7.4 £208
lay odds
7.8 £16
8.0 £8
8.2 £2
This is just before off as well, typical midweek race. I guess trading on fav is ok, but everything else is hit and miss.
I think that cross matching helped with fill rate a lot when Betfair introduced it, but after few months they started tweaking it to their own benefit.
Starting price will hopefully help with liquidity just before off, bit concerned about small print though.
marko236

If your a pc payer it doesnt matter still getting a great deal and for smaller traders that are maybe learning to trade will only save a couple of quid a day.

Theres a large amount of people in the country that don't know what an exchange is, plenty of people at my work gamble and when i mention an exchange they don't know what it is.

I think Betdaq have to spend a fair amount of money to advertise that they even exist.
dannn

That is true Marko, traders need punters more than anything else.
LeTiss

dannn wrote:That is true Marko, traders need punters more than anything else.
plus other traders......who just happen to be shit at trading
oscar123

It's not just PC payers playing on Betdaq, I know for a fact that is not true.

The trade in the screenshot, if I tried to put all the money through betfair I can almost guarantee one of two things would have happened. Either the bots would be alerted and all the liquidity would just magically dry up, leaving the majority of my positions unmatched or part matched. Or the big stakes bot would come along, and start pushing the market against me and turn the trade into a loser. It sounds like conspiracy, though I've lost count of the number of times that has happened to me when trying to up stakes.

The most effective way to scale up is to spread the stakes over both exchanges. There are also other unique opportunities that pop up from time to time on Betdaq that are easy to take advantage of if you have both screens up and are able to act quickly.
LinusP

A few months ago when Betfair went down:
screenshot.png
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8160&p=98608&hilit=betdaq#p98608
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

LeTiss 4pm wrote:plus other traders......who just happen to be shit at trading
I saw a You Tube video the other day from a 'pro trader' that was almost exactly the opposite of how the market should be traded. So I think you will always have a willing supply of those in the market.
Euler

I've noticed a lot of the time that Betfair and Betdaq can deviate so there is often a chance to exploit that if you are sharp. Happens quite often, no idea why.
marksmeets302

I saw a You Tube video the other day from a 'pro trader' that was almost exactly the opposite of how the market should be traded.
Would you mind posting the link? (or in a pm)

I've said it again and again: betdaq is way to strict in accepting users from outside the UK. For me, having SP functionality would definitely offset the 2%. But that's all moot because I can't open an account there.
spreadbetting

Will the XSP display in the current version of BA for Betdaq, or does it need extra coding? Seems to have been dumped in y=very quickly without warning. I know they've been saying it was due for a while but never seen a set date they've said it was due to come in and one nights notice is short to say the least.

Personnally I'm much happier to have a XSP option available than the 2% offers. As long as it's somewhat robust and reliable I'll certainly use it.
spreadbetting

andyfuller wrote: As for the T&C's on the new XSP I have to say I was not impressed by them though T&C's are never great reading so hopefully in practice it is better - I guess we have to give it a fair try.
I thought they pretty much echoed Betfairs own SP terms to be honest and I'm guessing their algorithm will be the same. Maybe they just want to distance their t&c's as far away from BSP to avoid any legalities of copying someone elses product. Each of their terms could easily be found within Betfairs too.

Only term I didn't like was the fact they're bringing palpability into the exchange model, seems to suggest they'll be major players in the market and not willing to take any risks with their cash.
26.10 If for any reason Betdaq returns XSP prices it deems to be palpably different to the expected odds for a given market, the company reserves the right to void all bets on that particular selection or market in relation to XSP bets.
Bear's The Name

Here's the first set of SP's from BQ compared to BF:

Marshgate Lane BQ: 3.53/ BF: 3.61
Stetchworth 4.72/4.8
Street Artist 5.35/5.5
Gaelic Silver 7.14/6.52
Spiritual Star 9.03/9.84
Robert The Painter 20.1/20.2
Woofie 62.4/53.8

More variation than I expected...thought?
spreadbetting

99.86% book, wonder if they've engineered to be as close to 100% as possible, guess we'll see throughout the day.

I'd guess the amounts matched are very low at the moment so should be pretty close to the final market prices.
Euler

I imagine not many people are using it at the moment.
Bear's The Name

The later races were a lot closer.

Spoke to BQ earlier and they confirmed that although the 2% thing has gone, they are continuing on with the 50% discount for Bet Angel users. So that's something. Will leave me around the 2% mark, I think I can live with that.

You can't seem to select the SP condition manually for bets placed via the API - I guess a condition would be useful - perhaps in the same way that the KEEP option is selected at present (via the settings menu).

I'm sure Peter is on the case - did you know XSP was on the way or was it as big a surprise as it was to me?

Return to “Betdaq exchange”