What does this message mean?

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
Iron

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried both, with no joy.

Maybe my account was set up in the pre-API days.

I'll try setting up a new account and see if that works.

Jeff
Tanden wrote:Another reason you can get that message is if you are trying to access the wrong server...

betdaq.co.uk or betdaq.com (select from drop down box on Bet Angel login)

I don't think it used to matter but they (relatively) recently changed it so now it does.
Iron

Creating a new account solved the problem.

Cheers guys.

Jeff
Iron

Just received this charming email from Betdaq (in relation to my new account):

'Over the past few days we have noticed that you have made a number of calls via your Trading Tool. Whilst BETDAQ doesn’t impose data charges, we do respectively ask that customers using API and trading tool services contribute to the exchange relative to their usage.

Upon viewing your account it has come to our attention that no payment method has been registered on your account and no bets have been placed but you have been using your Trading Tool. Your API permissions have been explicitly blocked, if you wish to use your trading tool again please fund your account confirm that you will contribute to the exchange relative to your usage.'

I was tempted to reply by telling them to f off! :evil:

FFS, I've barely used the account since it was set up, so it's not like I'm harvesting tons and tons of data 24-7!

Congratulations BD - I may well have used your exchange, but I won't for the foreseeable now. :evil:
LeTiss

Are you using a practice mode, Jeff?
Iron

No.

I logged in via BA for BD the other day, just to have a look around and play about with the settings.

I could understand them sending an email like that if it looked like I was harvesting data and had no intention of placing a bet.

However, if they put pressure on people to register card details while they're just looking around and thinking 'is this for me?', they're just going to annoy customers and drive them into the arms of Betfair.

BTW, playing about on BA for BD brought back fond memories of BA. I may resubscribe at some point. I don't think anyone else comes close to BA for charting, or has an equivalent of Guardian.

Jeff
LeTiss 4pm wrote:Are you using a practice mode, Jeff?

Return to “Betdaq exchange”