Betdaq vs Betfair Version

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
st3v3y

I've just moved from other software to BetAngel and I'm a little underwhelmed by the lack of functionality of the betdaq version of betangel compared to the betfair pro.

So I'd like to know if there are any plans to make the betdaq version mirror the pro version that I've just paid more money for than the competition? I actually thought that given that I was a pro customer I'd have received an option to download the same software for both versions.

I love the extra functionality that betangel gives me compared to the competition but the betdaq version is behind the times and I hope that plans are afoot to bring it up to the same level of excellence as the betfair version.
Dallas

This should answer it for you
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11526
st3v3y

Thanks for the link Dallas. I'm really feeling buyers remorse now. Surely using a fully functionally free version encourages users to upgrade to the same software once they are ready to take the next step but I appreciate you have the numbers and the commercials so fair enough.

I'm not having a moan as a freebie user though but as a pro user so feel like I'm a little entitled to air my gripe. I just wish I could get the candlesticks in the ladder (everyone seems to do that now) and Jockey & Trainer info etc when I hover over the silks in market overview but there you go. Just basic info really as I appreciate some of the extras pro gives us on tennis and footy shouldn't be given for free! Thanks for your time anyway.

Steve
Euler

Are you talking about Pro as it has 'matchsticks' (candlesticks are a charting aid) and you get jockey and silk information by hovering over the one click screen?
st3v3y

Thanks for the reply. I'm talking about getting those features on the betdaq version. I already use them on the pro version and they are really useful if I'm using the laptop and only have one screen to fit everything on.

I appreciate that I'm just one voice in the general scheme of things. I was just hoping that there was a more enhanced betdaq version available when I subscribed to the pro version that matched the screen setup options of pro so I could easily use both.
Dallas

When i trade on Betdaq im not trying to read the market there or even use any graphs or charts etc where possible im just mirroring all my Betfair trades so my whole Betdaq screen is ladders only.
st3v3y

I'm pleased for you but you are missing my point I think as I know how to trade using both markets and already do exactly the same as you. However I can easily trade on my laptop alone using pro but the same options are not available on betdaq so I miss the functionality that pro affords me if I'm solely using betdaq.

That was my point Dallas but I appreciate your reply. It might become irrelevant if betdaq start hitting us with PC anyway I guess but whilst there's a fighting chance, I'd love to see the 2 features I mentioned above added. And if not both, even just those candlesticks. Love them or hate them, they are great on a one screen setup when advanced charting isn't available. :D
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Jockey and Trainer info has not been made available on the betdaq API, so we can't add it to Bet Angel, you'd need to petition betdaq for that
st3v3y wrote:... I actually thought that given that I was a pro customer I'd have received an option to download the same software for both versions.
The betfair and betdaq products are completely seperate, there is only the free version of the betdaq software. Betfair enforces the seperation of products and no money paid to acquire a better version of betfair software can be used as entitlement to an enhanced version of a product for a different exchange. i.e. You'd need to pay us a seperate monthly subscription for an enhanced version of the betdaq product and we don't believe there are enough people willing to do that to make it viable.
st3v3y

Fully aware of all of that as links to another topic were provided etc. It's your choice not to add candlesticks though and so be it. But that's a very basic feature that you've opted to omit given that so many users take advantage of it. But whatever your reasons then I'm fine with it as I'll use other software for betdaq when I'm one screen trading on the go and if I like that better then I'll have a decision to make next year on where to put my betfair business I guess. Before I sold my business a few years ago I always maintained the mantra that so many large corporations follow and that is to keep your competitors away from your customers. IMO you are inviting them in but thanks for the response though.
jimibt

st3v3y wrote: Before I sold my business a few years ago I always maintained the mantra that so many large corporations follow and that is to keep your competitors away from your customers. IMO you are inviting them in but thanks for the response though.
tbh - i have always been aware that the free betdaq version is just that -free and therefore will only contain features that are deemed economically viable given that status. Now BA pro for betfair is a different beast. this is driven by the subscription model and is actively enhanced off of the back of that. as they are different software platforms, it is inconceivable to me that there would be any attempt to keep them in sync. i'm not sure if the rival software that you were using facilitated a dual licence to cover both platforms but from what you say, it sounds like they were tied together. at present, the BA pro licence is definitely tied to the betfair version only.
st3v3y

Hi jimibt

No the other BD software was free and separate but gave all of the basics that the subscription BD version gave and is more feature rich than betangel. Anyway all I was asking for was what I thought in todays market was ladder candlesticks which I've seen as a popular requested feature across many platforms. I am fully aware of how basic the betdaq version is as I've used it for quite some time and hoped there might be a mid level version but I'm fine with the fact that there is not and obviously it isn't important to warrant anymore time on :)
DavDvo

Is it possible to take Betdaq Start price XSP using Betangel for Betdaq? Somehow I don't see this option...
marksmeets302

Just got an email from betdaq saying that the use of XSP is now supported in the api. Betdaq blocks many countries including mine, so they have lost my attention. But for others this must be great news.
foxwood

XSP not available on Betdaq BA but ...

http://betdaqhelp.custhelp.com/app/answ ... faqs---xsp
Customers also have the option to default all their unmatched bets to match at XSP where available through their account settings.
OK if that suits your strategies
aperson

On the back of this is there any chance of getting "take XSP" added to Bet angel for BD?

Return to “Betdaq exchange”