BetDaq - 'Calling their servers too freqently'

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
EyePeaSea

Happy Christmas everyone :-)

Just thought I'd add something new for Google to pick up on, as there only seems to be a single comment on it in the Forum.

My system runs against BF and BD. On BD, I've never trimmed down the communication settings as I've not previously had any issues. But today, with a huge number of races, I got hit by:

Code: Select all

BETDAQ cannot process your request as you are currently calling their servers too frequently and have been temporarily black-listed 
Over and over (I was busy eating christmas chocolate so didn't pick up on it straight away).

I lost one out of 4 back bets on the 13:20 at Huntingdon (but the horse lost, so I can't really complain). But I did end up with multiple trades.

Same thing happened at the 13:35 Wolverhampton. Eventually all the trades were made, but double betting meant that I was still negative at the end.

I saw the problem with the 13:35, so tried to Green up in BA to manually sort out the uneven trades, but the trades didn't go through as I was still black-listed.

There is some advice here: http://betangel.kayako.com/Knowledgebas ... my-account

But even after making the adjustment, I was still stuck in the loop of being black-listed, coming back online and then being blacklisted again.

I was trading up to 1 hour ahead of the start time, so on a day like today, there were a lot of races being updated at the same time. I guess that even with the trimmed communication settings, it was still retrieving too much information. Or, another possibility, some of the settings don't take effect until Guardian and/or BA are restarted.

This isn't a moan about BA for BD - I just think it's worth mentioning that on BD, it seems that you can still run into trouble if you're tracking lots of races at the same time, even after applying the KB suggestion.

Hope 2017 is a great and profitable year for you all (although not if it's at my expense :mrgreen: )
Euler

Drop a note to Betdaq and tell them you want your limits raised.
EyePeaSea

Hi,

Ah, I didn't know that I could do that. I'll give it a go.

Thanks

Ian
Euler

Betdaq should automatically allocate these to a level where it isn't an issue. But it's not unknown for them to not do this. If you really hammer their servers then you may still be blocked, but the limits usually prevent this.
EyePeaSea

Just feel the need to vent...

So at 13:39, I get an email from BetDaq. They've 'raised my limit' to the 'standard API limit'. Gee, thanks, I didn't realise that the commission I've been paying only entitled me to the the 'reduced' limit in the first place.
Betdaq.PNG
Anyway, I should have raised the issue with them earlier. If they'd upped my API limit 90 minutes earlier, my bet on Oliver's Hill wouldn't have been bounced :-(
FailedBetDaq.PNG
Adding insult to injury, my bet on Crickel wood was originally blocked for the same reason, but that bet went through after a while.

No guess on who won - Oliver's Hill or Crickel Wood ;-)

All part of the rich tapestry of life (etc. etc.). In the red for the day overall, but feeling strangely content, so all in all, life is good (as long as I get to vent occasionally) :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Betdaq exchange”