GVC - Ladbrokes future of BETDAQ?

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
gianni

As I am located in Austria where Betdaq is not offering their exchange I was wondering whether the GVC-Ladbrokes merger would change something.

So I went into livechat with Betdaq asking whether they have plans to reopen closed territories like Germany, Austria, etc. Their answer was that GVC is known for operating also in "grey" markets but they have at the moment no knowledge about such plans, at least not shortterm.

What are your thoughts about this merger will it help Betdaq to gain more liquidity - and obviously relaunching the exchange in closed territories will help - especially when BF is not operating there.

Hoping that some of you pros have more insight and willing to share rumours :roll:

best regards!
Gianni
Kafkaesque

I find it unlikely that merging with Ladbrokes has anything to do with Betdaq, given the low priority it seems to have had thus far. So I cannot see it changing anything. You're probably right that being part of company in a stronger market position will increase, the position should they actually want to make Betdaq a priority. Still takes a strong shift in strategy though, so for now it changes nothing imo.

As an aside, I find it pretty weird that an employee would say that in writing about the new owners/partners :o

Return to “Betdaq exchange”