Trading on Betdaq

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
SkyBlue

I was curious how many people solely trade on Betdaq? Any users here?

I was thinking for a beginner trader it might serve as a better environment to learn in. Also, does anyone prefer their odds structure over Betfair's?
afropunk

Perhaps in this instance, the silence says it all.

:shock:
PeterLe

Hi
I tend not to use Betdaq much...
You will notice that if you open two Betangel instances (one on Betdaq and one on Betfair) on the same market...the prices seem to follow each other anyway...I'm sure that there are plenty of BOTs out there that track each price and take advantage of differentials.
Regards
Peter
TheRiddler

I use the one click betdaq screen when trading changing stake size in relation to what is happening on screen. Obviously there is nothing like the liquidity of betfair but surely as traders we should make an effort to use it, even for a small percentage of our trading bank, especially with the favourable terms available compared to betfair. If we all did this we'd all benefit. If betfair ends up being the only sports exchange I think we'll all be paying more and more and more and more and more and more...
andyfuller

I have to say I have been very disappointed by Betdaq. They don't seem to want the business. How many of the many blogs have been contacted by Betdaq??? My experience is none.

How many people have they followed up with email shots etc who sign up in the wake of the PC, again none from my experience.

Paying the PC is far from ideal but I know I couldn't achieve what I achieve on Betfair on Betdaq at present. Yes we need to make the shift but Betdaq need to do so so much more it is unreal.

In my opinion they just don't want it. Sad but true.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

To be fair to Betdaq they have supported us well in producing BetDaq angel. Unfortunately they just don't have the budget or resources that Betfair have. Betfair can spend millions doing what they like but others have to scrape through with much smaller amounts of money and resources.

I think Betfair were relying on the apathy to help them and that seems to have been a good call so far.
TheRiddler

Yes and it is us traders (customers) who can put brass in their pockets. We all have a duty to support betdaq as traders and increase liquidity in order to keep competition levels as high as possible. Otherwise those lovely profits we all make from betfair will start to erode.
I'm convinced if betdaq received greater support from us, they'd pull their finger out which would benefit us all.
Maybe all of us should sacrifice some profit in order to achieve this goal and in the longer term our profits would be healthier as a result.
Just a thought.
andyfuller

I agree it is ultimately down to the people who actually use Betfiar to make the switch. I made the effort for about a month and my Profits suffered. I couldn't afford to keep that up. It just was not possible.

Again I agree BetDaq have worked hard to get Bet Angel for Betdaq out and likewise the points about their much smaller budgets.

However, it does not take much time, effort or cost to contact the many many blogs out there. They could offer some form of advertising on the blogs and not much cost to themseleves. They could offer the blog owners a special deal upon proof of what they do on Betfair in terms of turnover etc.

There are so many blogs out there if just a few joined in I think it would make a massive difference. The number of people that read the various blogs are massive. A lot of them are the smaller traders and newer traders who are looking to start out. They read the blogs for advice about trading and all they read is about Betfair so it is no surprise that they 'grow up' trading on Betfair.

This is just one of many things I feel Betdaq should have done. The cost to the company would have been minimal. It would lead to advertising to exactly the right target audience.

How many users on here have been approached by Betdaq? I bet not many. I contacted them numerous times and provided them with info and suggestions. In the period I used them I was putting good amounts through the markets. I then stopped when it was clear it was no financially viable for me. I have not even had an email from them since. That to me shows a lack of appetite for mine and others business.

Competition is essential and without it Betfair will continue to take the pi$$ but I don't see things changing anytime soon unfortunately.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Peter is meeting with Betdaq this week so I will pass the comments on.
PeterLe

Hi
Just a though...
It is still wothwhile having an account with Betdaq as a backup...I do
For example; you may have an open order in Betfair when you lose connectivity...you could then use your Betdaq to offset the liability....
Thanks
Peter
TheRiddler

Yes peter, a betdaq account is useful as a backup but I don't think we would be supporting this exchange if this was its sole use.
I'm sorry andy that betdaq didn't respond to your well thought out ideas and I fully agree that they need to make an effort to catch up and coming traders.
However there still lies a problem with many seasoned traders in that they don't feel the need for change.
They've become accustom to a comfy armchair and they don't wish to get out of it. If we all agreed to trade a small bank on betdaq simultaneously while trading betfair I don't believe this would harm our profits too much. Then gradually the newbie traders will automatically trade there as long as betdaq puts itself out there. It only takes will from all parties (and a bit of money) at the end of the day.
How about having this Betdaq segment placed at the top of this board and maybe link this in with newbie topics.

Return to “Betdaq exchange”