What would make you move your business to Betdaq?

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
SteveMariner

I need liquidity in the in-running market. To attract more cash why not fix the commission at say between 2-4% (depending on volume traded) on all markets before the start and 2% for all in-running markets. And NO premium charge. If that doesn’t attract the people over I don’t know what would. Also a reliable API as Betfair is playing up for me today.
J.S.

Not being able to green up is the killer for me.

- Could someone just clarify that this is definitely not possible with smaller stakes?
- What would happen if I greened up on BA using small stakes?
- Roughly speaking, what would you need to stake to be able to green up on Betdaq?

I'm actually really up for switching but if I can't green up with my staking then there really isn't an alternative option for traders like me.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

50p is the minimum bet at Betfaq so your would be only be able to green up if your green up bet is at least 50p. I.e £1 at 2's
J.S.

Thanks, this does limit their customer base at a time when they should really be making it easier for people to try and use their service.

Even big traders would want to be able to test a strategy, or perhaps a bot or spreadsheet will small stakes on Betdaq, and cannot.

I'm guessing bookmaking/dutching are pretty much out too unless you are willing to use large total stakes, even with this though, I can't see greening up on a large field being easy without leaving a liability on something.

You guys see where I'm going with this, commission reductions and everything else is irrelevant if I'm not physically able to use the service.

You'd think the pros of changing the minimum bet rule would by far outweigh the cons?
andyfuller

I agree - it seems madness to limit the amounts like that. I understand there is a cost associated with each transaction but I think Betdaq's best way of building a customer base is to look to attract small users. They will be able to get matched easier than the bigger players and will be the bigger traders of tomorrow.
PeterLe

SteveMariner wrote:I need liquidity in the in-running market. To attract more cash why not fix the commission at say between 2-4% (depending on volume traded) on all markets before the start and 2% for all in-running markets. And NO premium charge. If that doesn’t attract the people over I don’t know what would. Also a reliable API as Betfair is playing up for me today.
Last time I tested it, the in running market seemed to lag slightly behind betfair..no doubt people have two spreadsheets linked..

Just as matter of interest; does anyone find that it is possible to autotrade Betdaq and make a profit??
Thanks
regards
Peter

Return to “Betdaq exchange”