Betdaq live video

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
Euler

Been using Betdaq live video this week.

Several advantages over Betfair live video. Starts early than Betfair live video and you also don't need to place a bet. You just need to be logged into your account to view the feed.

I'm getting a preferance for Betdaq live video over Betfair TBH.
PeterLe

I tried running Betdaq on auto last week using essentially the same algorithm that I use on Betfair and was surprised to see it making a profit. I have been trying this on and off for years but Betdaq never had any money in play before now.
It's still a long way from matching the amounts on betfair in play, but encoraging..just needs to pass the tipping point.
Im using the standard VPS version and found that whilst the memory was sufficient, the CPU was running at 100% When I was running betangel/betfair and betangel/Betdaq so didn't want to compromise The Betfair P&L.

...If only we could link the two spreadsheets like the old days!! :?
Regards
Peter
steven1976

I dont use excel at all but interested in your comment about linking the spreadsheets between the two markets. Why is it not possible to link the two exchanges to the same excel and why did it change? There are some nice opportunities for quick arbs created between the two exchanges.
PeterLe

It was possible many years ago, but Betfair stopped the developers from doing it.
To be honest you could make a small amount of money from it but it wasn't easy to do so
gutuami

at the beginning it was a bet in the market to be able to watch the video. Then they changed it to a minimum matched bet - 2gbp. Last change was in July, 2012 - 5gbp matched. What I dislike about betfair video:
1. sometimes they do not update the video list/link files. You have to scroll up and down to find them.
2. I'd like to have a filter for uk and ire markets
3. when there's 5min gaps between markets you are "obliged" to quickly make a trade(in most cases a scratch trade) just to load the video.
It would be much better if betfair use their point system for access to the video rather than 5gbp bet

that being said I'm glad that there's a good alternative to bf video.
steven1976

It would be nice to have an excel that could link the two exchanges on to the same sheet to hedge against each other and take on some arbs. I don't play about on betdaq much but i see occasionally 500+ arbs available. My maths are terrible and i always get myself in a mix trying to work out quick enough what is needed to arb it properly.

There is a lot more money been shown on BDaq at the moment or at least there has been the last few days I have been playing, so I think there are going to be quite a few imbalances in the near future between the exchanges.
LinusP

Use this for arbing, its really handy as you can put in part lays e.t.c.

http://www.trickybet.net/lay-calculator
steven1976

Its the time taken to enter into these calcs is the main issue. These arb opps don't last very long but I see them regular with the way I trade. If it was able to link the two exchanges through the same excel and place the bets through the excel on the two different exchanges through the same sheet which calculated the positions and hedges then it would be good. Id imagine it is possible to do, but I would have no idea where to start.
steven1976

Actually after thinking about it, I guess commissions across the two exchanges wouldnt make it viable.
freddy

Ive tried it, but there was not too much money in it for me to be honest,

It's a quite a simple thing to achieve though,

Betfair i Believe asked individual software providers not to allow this to happen,

so think along those lines and you will work out how to do it ;) .
steven1976

My excel skills are at a 1 at best on a scale of 1-10, so there is no point me even trying. If anyone is in the market for offering though, Im all ears!

I can imagine BF asked software providers not to provide it because they would be scared people would hedge the PC across the exchanges? However as I discussed with someone previously, there is always the chance that you get the hedge wrong and your winnings on b/f are even higher.
Rakey91

Freddy,

I have been racking my brains about how to compare two excel sheets, and whilst I can see a few "simple" ways to achieve this, none will be 1) Fast, 2) show "real" market prices without a time lag and 3) Without becoming a separate API subscriber.

Is this what you meant by simple? or am I over seeing something obvious?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
gutuami

_
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
small fry

Looks like Betdaq don't have any live video for ATR track's today.
small fry

I take that back its showing it now..

Return to “Betdaq exchange”