Ladbrokes Exchange

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
mugsgame

steven1976 wrote:I guess by putting it in front of their customer base it can only be positive and not a negative. Like you say, why would they simply put in their profit.

It will be interesting to see if it stays web based only. Be funny being in a shop watching people trying to write a ticket and get the girls to process it in the last furlong
Maybe they would just stick a few terminals in with touch screen? A bit like Tesco's self serve. Then cut down on betting shop staff.
Stick in your card - pin
Bet and then withdraw back to card after you are finished.
Will never happen though
sweetybt

I still don't get it, think of the margin they have on BAGS greyhound racing.

A captive audience of OAPs happy to bet at 120%
steven1976

mugsgame wrote:
steven1976 wrote:I guess by putting it in front of their customer base it can only be positive and not a negative. Like you say, why would they simply put in their profit.

It will be interesting to see if it stays web based only. Be funny being in a shop watching people trying to write a ticket and get the girls to process it in the last furlong
Maybe they would just stick a few terminals in with touch screen? A bit like Tesco's self serve. Then cut down on betting shop staff.
Stick in your card - pin
Bet and then withdraw back to card after you are finished.
Will never happen though
You would think it would be a logical step to offer this to encourage people to gamble more in their shops whilst still maintaining the traditional paper and pen for the people who like traditional ways. I also doubt it would happen in the near future
hgodden

I might be wrong but I think I saw that the vast majority of betting is now done online and via mobile anyway, the only reason most of the shops are still open is for the roulette machines. The more evil part of me wishes they could find a way to hook them up to their exchange and let us make them markets for them!
steven1976

I keep seeing a lot of people on Saturdays posting on fb their winning printed coupons. I'm only guessing but I would imagine there is still a large chunk of their money coming from bookies cashing in their weekly job allowance on the way out the pub.

Its easy to believe that everyone is internet savy but there are still a lot of traditionalists out there.

Id imagine the serious gamblers or people that like to bet regular are online but the people that are out shopping and have 10 quid burning a hole in the pocket whilst the mrs is dicking around looking at a pair of shoes, might just go and chuck it away.
LinusP

Ladbrokes allow you to withdraw money from your online account in their shops. During my arbing career I took advantage of this as I needed the £300ish back in betfair ASAP. I have never felt so awkward asking to withdraw that amount as people around me where looking in their shoes for the next 50p that is going on an accu....

I just can't see them making much from shops other than the fobt's...
steven1976

Just a quick google of "ladbrokes profits" and it suggest the online profits are struggling at around 14 mil. I then read on another report profits of 74 mil over all. Ive not looked in any detail what so ever but a quick glance would say most of their revenue still does come in from the shops. I could be wrong as I only read a couple of links quickly.

http://ar2012-ladbrokesplc.html.investis.com

Whether from gaming or sports it says shop revenue growing.
steven1976

Sorry to keep adding, just finding a few of the reports interesting from 2012. The CEO report on this page http://ar2012-ladbrokesplc.html.investis.com suggest for future "more bet in play, self service".

That's it for now. Bored in Burma with only Macao movies and BBC world for company.
PeterLe

Im quite optimistic about this..
I was out all day yesterday so not sure how the markets performed on Ladbrokes..
I just run a BOT on the last race at Muss and I was surprised to see how many bets were matched..(tiny profit too)
The total matched was much less than betfair, but its early days

Worth trying out, dont forget you can use tiny stakes if need be £1
regards
Peter

Steve - Check out an App called Tunnel Bear, great for using to watch BBC Iplayer, ITV player etc from outside the UK.. ;)
steven1976

I use overplay in Thailand thanks peter which also allows to get my dads sky package but I'm in Burma at the moment and internet is still pretty bad. I once tried trading and it took 20 seconds to hit the market. Got a good steak house so I'm off for a beer and a steak as rocky 4 has just finished. Enjoy your trading.
PeterLe

steven1976 wrote:I use overplay in Thailand thanks peter which also allows to get my dads sky package but I'm in Burma at the moment and internet is still pretty bad. I once tried trading and it took 20 seconds to hit the market. Got a good steak house so I'm off for a beer and a steak as rocky 4 has just finished. Enjoy your trading.
Good stuff. I hope you chip in to the costs of your dad's sky package!
steven1976

PeterLe wrote:
steven1976 wrote:I use overplay in Thailand thanks peter which also allows to get my dads sky package but I'm in Burma at the moment and internet is still pretty bad. I once tried trading and it took 20 seconds to hit the market. Got a good steak house so I'm off for a beer and a steak as rocky 4 has just finished. Enjoy your trading.
Good stuff. I hope you chip in to the costs of your dad's sky package!
Dead right I chip in. I told him to start getting the pay per view matches :lol:
steven1976

Sorry gone off track. Anyway, lets hope that ladbrokes make the option in store available to lay in play. It would be great for those good at mafs.
PeterLe

PeterLe wrote: I just run a BOT on the last race at Muss and I was surprised to see how many bets were matched..(tiny profit too)
The total matched was much less than betfair, but its early days
Been running Identical systems today on betfair and betdaq…

Betdaq - (minus) 9.55
Betfair - (Positive) 3 figures

The last race at Lingfiled was a good one for me. It triggered the bet on betdaq too but wasn't matched on the first step of the bet..

On a positive, I seem to get getting matched more on Betdaq than in previous attempts?

Anyone else testing?
Regards
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LinusP

I did a few months ago but got blacklisted and currently out of computers :roll:

Return to “Betdaq exchange”