Nets not placed on Ladder interface or Excel

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
eddiet

Yesterday I programmed a simple bot to place my lay bets at the best price and set it up. Lots of bets triggered correctly but only error messages back. That doesn't surprise me it can take some debugging and as long as you get support it can be fixed.
Today OI decided to learn the ladder interface and play with some trading. I began to get the idea and managed a couple of successful scalp trades and began to enjoy,, then it stopped placing my bets. This was only £2 practice bets and after a while I tried placing orders a tick or even two behind the current price, there seemed to be adequate liquidity but not a single order placed out of at least 30 attempts.

Can anyone explain or is it just not working very well
Eddie
Dallas

The software works perfectly or there would be 100s of posts saying otherwise
If you can post a log for a market when bets were not placing it will help someone advise?
ShaunWhite

Have you been using Practice Mode long? Is your account restricted?
eddiet

Apologies for the delay and thanks to all who commented.
Firstly, I am not suggesting at all the software is wrong, I like it very much other than it takes a while to learn.
I am using the BetDaq version and I don't think they do practice mode.

I finally yesterday got some time to spend on it, all day in fact, and I got to the bottom of the problem by searching the Betdaq API specifications.
I research my lay bets and se my own value price for each, I wont bet if they o higher on the exchange.

The problem is that BetDaq only accepts prices that come from that ladder of prices using those specific increments as per the tick ladder. So if a range only increments in .5 jumps, it will throw an error when presented with say 15.2 because it cant be .2 (made up increments, but hopefully you get the idea)
I wrote a VB function that fixes this and everything is fine, now on to the next challenge :-)
If anyone is using Excel and wants my code you are welcome to it.

Thanks again

Ed

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”