Placing bets depending on selection profit in Guardian?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
rik

Hey forum,

I am trying to do an automation rule that places bets not based on the Net position, but the current profit/loss of a runner.
For example I would only want a lay bet to be placed on a selection if it is showing more than certain profit or a back bet to be placed if a selection is currently on a loss or less profit than another selection etc.

The greening up condition or placing bets with tick offset isn't what I am looking for as Im looking to do dutching/bookmaking which means the profit/loss across the selections might be level even though the Net stakes for the individual selections aren't.

Hope I made myself clear, could anyone help me how to have a bet condition based on the profit of a runner and not the Net position or is this not possible in Guardian? Thank you
Dallas

I don't quite understand your second paragraph but the 'Close Trade Profit' condition will allow you to test the current P/L of an individual selection before allowing a rule to trigger

Or do you mean you want to place the bet only if the P/L will be £X after it is matched?
Jukebox

Have you considered the Close Trade Profit Condition ? This condition considers only the position of the selection in question - and gives you the option of measuring it without or with greening
rik

Hey Dallas and Jukebox,

Thanks for the fast responses.
Unfortunately I don't think the "Close Trade Profit" Condition is what I am looking for as it measures the position if trading out on the selection but not the current selection profit/loss.
Selection 2 might be in profit because other selections were layed not because selection 2 was backed.

To give an example I would often place a lot more lay bets than back bets in a market to the point were it makes more sense to level the position by placing more lay bets on the runners that had less matched than trading out selections individually with huge back bets.
Now Im hoping to have Guardian place bets on those runners that have had less or not fully matched bets with the correct amounts to level the book or to only have a limited liability on a runner.

Say there are only 3 runners, runner 1 shows a profit of 20, runner 2 shows -10 and runner 3 -20
Now i would want the rule to place a £40 payout lay bet on runner1 and a £10 payout lay bet on runner 2.

Or even simpler I would want Guardian to place a back bet on a runner if its showing more than £x loss or lay bet if £x profit to limit variance regardless of the Net position on a runner.

Do you know if it is possible to create a condition like that? I haven't really understood the signals yet, would it be possible with that? Thanks a lot
Jukebox

You might need to consider using excel for this part. The P&L for each selection if it should win is shown in column 'C' - so you could use this to feed into a formula to avtivate the bet and stake on a runner you deem appropriate.
rik

know if there is suitable template on the forum to do this on excel?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”