Football Data etc

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Pom-in-perth

Hi All,

Im looking at trading on football matches.

At the start of the season what data do you go off ?

Should I be using last seasons data for the teams still in the Premier League ?

Any tips for data for teams that have been promoted.

As the season gets going I will start to get new relevant data but just think what i could used for the first 10 matches or so

Thanks In Advance.

P_I_P
northbound

If you want relevant data, wait until Gameweek 7.

If you want to trade Gameweek 1-6: given the uncertainty about new players, team styles, fitness, etc. I wonder if it could be a good strategy to always oppose pre-match odds on shots (Match Odds, OU25 markets), albeit not heavy odds on.

I might try that experiment myself in the new season...
MemphisFlash

have a look at CGMBET software. great for footy stats
Pom-in-perth

Thank you for the replies.

My main concern is that the promoted teams I don't have any data on them in the premier last season.

I can estimate the other teams from last season based on results in 2018-2019 season plus what they spend in the transfer market.
JTEDL

Generally it's hard to call most games early season, usually plenty of surprise results.

Start of the season can often be the worst time to play a newly promoted team, at least one of the teams will get off to a flyer and find themselves in a good position after a few games. Which can also a time to trade the over reaction.

Same goes for the 'big 6' one of them usually gets off to a bad start and near the bottom after a few games, can trade the top 4 finish / relegation odds over reaction.
Pom-in-perth

Thanks for all the replies. Some good knowledge to chew over. Im going to study a bit as i do thing there is margin to make money. Yes you are going to lose a few but if you do your homework you surely can gain an edge in the Lay the draw, Lay the underdog or under over goals etc.

Any more info or comments welcome :)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”