Any way to highlight odds that go above/below a pre determined level?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
davidevans44

Hi Everyone,

I'm not really a newbie and do know my way around Betangel quite well but i am struggling with one thing to assist me in judging rapidly moving markets.

One of my strategies is to try and find some value In Play on Horse Racing while the odds are unstable. Basically reading the stats on draw bias and whether the race suits prominent or held up types etc.. then applying that if for example a selection meets the criteria and i see value in the odds, based on the fact that the BSP's are a good marker of probability.

As an example I may see from the stats that prominent horses have a massive advantage when it comes to strike rate, I might then identify some selections who are drawn well and tend to run in a prominent style. When the race goes off if i see them get into a nice prominent position from the off and if the odds are equal to or higher than BSP then i will place a bet as I believe i am getting good value at that point.

There are lots of opportunities but its very difficult to monitor several selections price movements as well as watching the live video and getting bets on quickly enough.

I am after suggestions on how to get betangel to monitor price movements and highlight for example if a selection goes a % above or below BSP or above/below the point at which most money has been matched. Firstly is it possible to highlight the BSP anywhere on the Ladder or Grid Interface so i can see where its currently trading in relation to that? Secondly is it possible to highlight anywhere the odds at which the most money was matched pre-off? and thirdly is it possible to set markers to highlight if a selections odds goes a specified % above or below either of those figures?

Any suggestions of how to make best use of Betangel when applying the above strategy would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance
Dallas

You can use a 'Marker' to highlight the BSP by first creating a simple rules file to store the value of the BSP, then in your ladder settings area on the markers tab you can configure a marker to look up and display that in any of the columns.
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/markers.html

You could also use a similar message to highlight a cell/row of cells if the price breached the BSP by 'X' ticks or percent.

There are also some ready-made examples that wouldn't take much editing, for example this one displays the back/lay price in the odds column, you could edit this rule to show the BSP and if a price breaches it

The only thing not possible is the pinpointing of the price with the most matched
davidevans44

Thanks Dallas for your help, I will have a good look into that.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”