50 A Day System

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Crazyskier

LeTiss wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:15 pm
Any system (either gambling or trading) which involves chasing a losing bet needs to be avoided.

The biggest reason why people fail at this game, is overcoming the emotional obstacle of accepting a loss
How absolutely accurate this is! I know - I learned the hard way!

CS
Rstrach

Crazyskier wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:07 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:15 pm
Any system (either gambling or trading) which involves chasing a losing bet needs to be avoided.

The biggest reason why people fail at this game, is overcoming the emotional obstacle of accepting a loss
How absolutely accurate this is! I know - I learned the hard way!

CS
Ditt-doh :oops:
trader44

" However, if you were thinking of £50 a Trade, you would have made £1250 today."
please sign me up for this right now. Thats £8,750 a week £35,000 a month and over £3000,000 a year . wow and thats just laying at evens and using a loss recovery . peter webb cancel all your seminars they arent needed . we have found the golden egg, yeeha las vegas here we come :D
neld0r

i tried this system with a 100 bank on football trading and it went as high as 450+ but then i had like 5 or 6 losses in a row and my bank went down to 60 and i stopped lol.

nice in theory but the recovery is scary. if you lose 30 one game, next bet you would stake 60 and so on so you can imagine how quickly the losses add up.
Euler

Loss recovery systems, just don't work. Avoid any system that using any form of loss recovery. Gambling commission guidelines ban the use or recommendation of loss recovery systems, so we deliberately don't put it in the product or advocate them.
phakamascliff

I did bought this system a month ago. Work for first 2 days then lose all.
I use BA now . Still learn to trade.
Bluesky

phakamascliff wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:23 pm
I did bought this system a month ago. Work for first 2 days then lose all.
I use BA now . Still learn to trade.
Yep most of us will have tried one or more get rick quick systems in the past, unfortunately the only person who gets rich is the system seller, the users remain poor. If you want to make money from sports trading you need to put in the hard work, there are no easy short cuts.

You can improve your chances of success by taking some sports trading training, but even then you still have a long hard road ahead of you.
trader44

" The biggest reason why people fail at this game, is overcoming the emotional obstacle of accepting a loss"

you have summed it up in this sentence. its the road to the poor house
ruthlessimon

I don't want to be devil's advocate, but accepting a loss - with a non-edge strategy - still means the trader bleeds a slow death. I'm not saying screw money management, but the emphasis needs to be made on learning to properly model & backtest trade ideas.

My 16yr old brother could learn basic money management in an afternoon.

My 16yr old brother couldn't learn strategy creation, & complex money management in an afternoon, maybe not even after a yr!
threedogs

just to add my bit the system is based on the fact that approx. two out of every three favourites lose in horse racing …….I made a few thousand initially on this system but got greedy and started losing so packed it in and went elsewhere on my trading travels instead …
rayza1978

Has anyone tried Level Stakes and use in Handicap Races only??

I have not got enough data yet but looking back over the last 3 months looks profitable

Using the staking plan advised is pure suicide!

Ive used the Racing Post,and looked for the track with the poorest return for favs purely on track statistics on Handicap racing only and there maybe something here as the profits have been very good over the past 3 months but lots more data to collect
Atho55

This is based on Data starting on 1st Feb this year, any race with Hcap in the title, Rank 1 in order of BSP favouritism, £25 Lay bet AND only showing the Courses that have a +return assuming all bets placed @ BSP. Commission has NOT been factored in.

Lay Rank 1 Hcap Only.jpg

The screenshot is the biggest I could grab to show all the courses but gives you the gist. The chart is a cumulative from the daily returns starting 1st Feb. Other numbers count the days it has either won or lost.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

Atho55 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:23 pm
Rank 1 in order of BSP favouritism, £25 Lay bet AND only showing the Courses that have a +return assuming all bets placed @ BSP. Commission has NOT been factored in.
It's always easy to find positive trends by drilling down your data, I think the term is backfitting, the trick is to do it beforehand. You can't lay unnamed favourites at BSP and runners can flip flop numerous times before the off between many runners, plus why choose Feb and not March or the start of the flat etc

This week laying the top rated horse in handicaps/stakes races has acheieved a 100% profit, could be worth lumping on?
ruthlessimon

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:42 pm
It's always easy to find positive trends by drilling down your data, I think the term is backfitting, the trick is to do it beforehand.
For the sake of being devils advocate - what if that genuinely was a "new edge"?

I just wanna caveat that by saying - no way would i trade it - because that is such a dangerous use of course imo (i.e. no obvious links between em/size)

But is it possible to pre-empt "new" technical edges without some form of backfit?
spreadbetting

No one's saying you should ditch your data but simply looking thru data to find a longterm 'edge' is like looking for a needle in a haystack as you'll always be able to drill down the data to find something that returns a positive outcome.

Back in the day when I first starting betting you'd find so many systems being sold for the weekends races with 80% + strike rates, they'd simply pick the day's big race, look thru the results and find some common theme that would have made a profit. Maybe backing the top weight had returned a profit if backing every running of the race and it be sold in the racing papers for a tenner or so. Once in a while the people buying those systems might have struck lucky when the topweight won that race.

I see nothing wrong with using data to try and confirm some theory but simply drilling thru data to find an 'edge' seems no different to the newspaper system sellers to me.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”