Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started : 50 A Day System

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh.
Murgo
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:44 am

Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:05 pm

I have never heard of this particular system. But I run my own system with odds on runners (pre-race). I find that runners at these odds are the most reliable. The win and loss rate is roughly 50% (hence odds of 2). I do use a loss recovery system which I developed over time. I make a consistent profit (but not enough to retire on).

Anyway, I guess what I am saying is that odds on backing / laying has some merit and not all loss recovery systems are bad.

Try and come up with your own system ... it is possible.

Good luck.

User avatar
vladilyich
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:58 pm

Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:45 pm

Doesnt this just sound like a Horse Racing version of the Martingale system?

Hanvalen
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:13 pm

Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:12 am

I stupidly bought this system a few years ago, I knew more or less instantly that it wasnt going to work long term, certainly not system one although system two has had a reasonable amount of success with the football.

I recently started looking at the first system again especially using horse racing, again I have come to the same conclusion, this is dangerous and could literally wipe you out in half an hour.

Tested on a busy Saturday afternoon using odds of 1.95 as an entry point the first horses to trigger this figure all went on to win, so initially you would lose half your bank and then continue to lose with the remainder....FAILED!!

Using another recommended method, laying before the off, seriously dangerous!! Using the Adrian Massey site easy to see at least once a month you would hit ten or more losses in a row, added to this numerous batches of five losses plus, add all these together and your next port of call is the gamble aware site.

What seriously annoys me is there are certain sites who totally recommend this system, not only that, there are countless letters from happy punters stating big wins, they are either fake or sooner or later they are in for a big shock, when I tried to post a comment similar to the one I am writing now it never got posted, how many other comments have also been scrapped? Probably quite a few from the people who initially won a bit of money.

Going back to one or two previous comments on here, I would say in my humble opinion overall you would achieve a 50/50 strike rate, the problem being exactly like roulette you may hit 12 plus losses in a row, I watch the ladder most days, there are a number of factors as to when you should enter the market with either a back or lay when the race gets to the business end.

If a horse suddenly moves into 1.5 or 1.6 from nowhere more often than not this is the winning horse, a lay here is very dangerous.

If a horse has steadily run and there has hardly been any deviation in odds and is now below 2 and still odds are decreasing again more than likely thats your winning horse.

Only if the price on the leading horse starts to deviate violently should a layer consider entering the market, this of course has the opposite effect on the backer.

To be honest having a live tv feed only hampers my decision, an understanding of how the market reacts to certain events taking place is just as good, if not better than tv pictures.
Of course it does not work all of the time, just like swing trading or scalping you cannot get it right every time, it is however a much safer method than just blindly laying the first horse to hit 2 in running.

User avatar
Crazyskier
Posts: 417
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:36 pm

Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:06 am

Murgo wrote:I have never heard of this particular system. But I run my own system with odds on runners (pre-race). I find that runners at these odds are the most reliable. The win and loss rate is roughly 50% (hence odds of 2). I do use a loss recovery system which I developed over time. I make a consistent profit (but not enough to retire on).

Anyway, I guess what I am saying is that odds on backing / laying has some merit and not all loss recovery systems are bad.

Try and come up with your own system ... it is possible.

Good luck.
And LUCK is what you'll undoubtedly need with a 'double stake until win' or similar system. My experience and the experience of countless others is that loss-recovery is simply a matter of time until a losing streak is long enough to wipe the entire bank.

If it ain't paying to level stakes, don't do it!

obitus
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:00 pm

Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:35 pm

This is a very bad system, as stated before it really is just a Horse Racing version of the Martingale system.

The guide roughly states for a £50 per day you should keep going until you win £25 twice. Using the recovery system if you lose 9 in a row the tenth bet would have a liability of over 33k. This is possible by the way ! today by roughly checking I think there was losing runs of 8 and 6? might be wrong with that though

threedogs
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:24 am

Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:19 am

This system relies on the fact that 66% roughly of fabvourites lose
Its a martingale catch up system and yes if you have a large bank may work for a while until you get a string of favourites winning then its goodbye bank ..simple ..avoid ..

User avatar
BetScalper
Posts: 679
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:47 pm

Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:12 am

Give it a try but place the lay odds @ 1.01 :)

User avatar
Frogmella
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 2:44 pm
Location: Towcester

Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:28 pm

threedogs wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:19 am
This system relies on the fact that 66% roughly of fabvourites lose ....
I believe that statistic refers to all favourites, backed pre-race, at whatever price.

Odds-on favourites win considerably more than that.

In-play runners, that move odds on with a furlong to go, win even more of the time (But not enough to make you a profit by backing them OR laying them, tried that, been there).

User avatar
BetScalper
Posts: 679
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:47 pm

Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:59 pm

Frogmella wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:28 pm
threedogs wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:19 am
This system relies on the fact that 66% roughly of fabvourites lose ....
I believe that statistic refers to all favourites, backed pre-race, at whatever price.

Odds-on favourites win considerably more than that.

In-play runners, that move odds on with a furlong to go, win even more of the time (But not enough to make you a profit by backing them OR laying them, tried that, been there).
What if the layers are rapidly removing their money ? :)

skandy85
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:02 am

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:58 pm

If this is the case, could you not reverse it and "Back" at odds on - with the martingale system... :-p

Post Reply

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests