£200 of Betfair charges for exceeding '1000 TX per hour'

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Crazyskier

Dallas wrote:Ive posted some details in the FAQ section in relation to this.

Yes it is within the calendar hour then reset but you cant set a limit on your transaction to 999, if you could you would cause a even bigger problem of when the 999 limit is reached your automation will suddenly stop firing bets into the market but you could have several open positions across multiple markets leaving you with a large liability exposure, unless the time passes the hour mark and this is reset so your automation can recommence for you you will end up going in play with open trades.

The best way is how i said in my previous post which is just to look at the timings within each of your rules and reduce these in some way to fit into the 1000 per hour limit.
OK Dallas, thanks again for the info.

One last question, if I may - if I stake £1 (as I have been) does the txn counter on BA directly match Betfair's one? I understand that it triggers 2-3 MORE transactions than if the stake was £2 or higher, but I'm not sure that the BA txn counter reflects these extra 'transactions' and need to be sure I'm not incurring extra fees. Are you certain that this BA counter is accurate for stakes above and below £2?
Dallas

Yes it is, if you submit a bet for less that £2 for example 0.20p it will instantly show as 2 transactions on your Bet Angel counter.

As long as this displays less than 1000 per calendar hour you wont incur any charges.
Crazyskier

Dallas wrote:Yes it is, if you submit a bet for less that £2 for example 0.20p it will instantly show as 2 transactions on your Bet Angel counter.

As long as this displays less than 1000 per calendar hour you wont incur any charges.
EXCELLENT!

I'm still waiting to see if Betfair refund either of my 2 charges as I'm currently showing a - (minus) on my balance due to the almost £250 they debited, but hopefully the BDP team will refund these today so that my experimenting with in-play dutching and automation techniques may continue without fear of unexpected charges to my account.

Thanks again to Dallas and all that commented, this forum has already been of great help to me.
Crazyskier

Just one more thought from a newbie:

Does the transaction count have any bearing on whether the Betfair website is open in my web browser?

Is this the normal way traders do it? I've been logging into betfair then opening BetAngelPro up and I can see the duplicated bets when I place them - this wouldn't be duplicating them in terms of Betfair's 1000 txn charge would it as long as I only place using BetAngel?

I'd be interested in hearing from other traders if they also have both the web browser logged in to Betfair as well as BetAngel to actually place the bets, or as I do mix-and-match.

Thanks again for your continued patience and help...
LinusP

Crazyskier wrote:Just one more thought from a newbie:

Does the transaction count have any bearing on whether the Betfair website is open in my web browser?

Is this the normal way traders do it? I've been logging into betfair then opening BetAngelPro up and I can see the duplicated bets when I place them - this wouldn't be duplicating them in terms of Betfair's 1000 txn charge would it as long as I only place using BetAngel?

I'd be interested in hearing from other traders if they also have both the web browser logged in to Betfair as well as BetAngel to actually place the bets, or as I do mix-and-match.

The transaction count is done at username level so any bets you place, website / api / betangel etc count.
Crazyskier

LinusP wrote:
Crazyskier wrote:Just one more thought from a newbie:

The transaction count is done at username level so any bets you place, website / api / betangel etc count.
Yes, I get that, sorry, but wonder if the Betfair transaction count is duplicated if you use BetAngel while having a browser window open and being logged in to Betfair as I can see my BA placed bets duplicated on the browser (hope this makes sense!)
LinusP

If they have the same betId they are the same bet, no duplication. Not really sure I understand your question.
Dallas

The transaction shows only the bets submitted through Bet Angel.

If you have Betfair open and are logged in but place 5 bets via Bet Angel you will see T x5 (these bets will also appear on the betfair website but still only count as 5 transactions or 10 transactions if the amounts where under £2 each) if you place any bets direct on the betfair website it has to be above £2 and is not included in the Bet Angel Transaction counter.
Crazyskier

LinusP wrote:If they have the same betId they are the same bet, no duplication. Not really sure I understand your question.

That's what I was getting at, thanks. I just didn't want BA placed bets that show on my Betfair web browser counting twice for Betfair charging purposes.

The bet ID seems to be the trigger, regardless whether that bet is matched or lapses etc.

Thanks again for your help guys; most helpful to a newbie like me.
Crazyskier

SUCCESS! :D

I logged in to Betfair this morning to find the below image. They finally (4 days later) decided to refund all of my txn charges as it was my first time in a decade of Betfair usage that I'd ever incurred them.

If any other newbies ever get them, then don't phone Malta or Hammersmith, but rather email [email protected] - they were the only ones with discretion to apply the refund.

Thanks again to all the friendly and helpful people that replied with suggestions, most appreciated! I shall now monitor my txn count on the software, lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PeterLe

Good News!
I always find Neil (In BDP), a really nice guy to work with and very responsive.
Regards
Peter
Crazyskier

PeterLe wrote:Good News!
I always find Neil (In BDP), a really nice guy to work with and very responsive.
Regards
Peter
Actually it was Neil who sorted it in the end. Cheers!
LinusP

Crazyskier wrote:
Regards
Peter
You got lucky, he didn't let me off a £70 bill the other month although I should probably know better :roll:
Crazyskier

LinusP wrote:
Crazyskier wrote:
Regards
Peter
You got lucky, he didn't let me off a £70 bill the other month although I should probably know better :roll:
Surely you can just keep an eye on the 'Tx' transaction count in the bottom right of the screen on Bet Angel? That's what I now do to ensure that I don't go over 1000 each calendar hour. It resets itself on the hour so is accurate to Betfair's charging figures which pertain to BET IDs - not matched bets.

This is what Betfair guys Ryan in Hammersmith and Neil at BDP and the likes of Dallas on here have all advised me and is now how I play as I use very low stakes and can't afford hefty charges debited from my balance with no notice.
Mikky

**duplicate sorry*
Last edited by Mikky on Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”