£200 of Betfair charges for exceeding '1000 TX per hour'

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
PeterLe

Good News!
I always find Neil (In BDP), a really nice guy to work with and very responsive.
Regards
Peter
Crazyskier

PeterLe wrote:Good News!
I always find Neil (In BDP), a really nice guy to work with and very responsive.
Regards
Peter
Actually it was Neil who sorted it in the end. Cheers!
LinusP

Crazyskier wrote:
Regards
Peter
You got lucky, he didn't let me off a £70 bill the other month although I should probably know better :roll:
Crazyskier

LinusP wrote:
Crazyskier wrote:
Regards
Peter
You got lucky, he didn't let me off a £70 bill the other month although I should probably know better :roll:
Surely you can just keep an eye on the 'Tx' transaction count in the bottom right of the screen on Bet Angel? That's what I now do to ensure that I don't go over 1000 each calendar hour. It resets itself on the hour so is accurate to Betfair's charging figures which pertain to BET IDs - not matched bets.

This is what Betfair guys Ryan in Hammersmith and Neil at BDP and the likes of Dallas on here have all advised me and is now how I play as I use very low stakes and can't afford hefty charges debited from my balance with no notice.
Mikky

**duplicate sorry*
Last edited by Mikky on Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikky

I just got hit with this. :cry:

I wasn't aware there was such a charge. I had been trying out an simple sscalp automation rule for a few days of pratice and then gave it a go on a few markets. I made a small profit and was happy, but then today I get hit with this charge and it wipes out my profit and some of my bank :cry:

I can see the TX on the bottom of the betangel layout, but it will only show me 2 figures.. i.2. "TX 21..." I can't seem to find the actual number of transactions so I can monitor and not get hit by this levy again.

Could anyone please point me in the right direction as to be able to see the figure.

Thankyou
Dallas

Its displayed in a preset sized box and font so if its not displaying fully you may need to alter your screen resolution
PeterLe

Mikky wrote:I just got hit with this. :cry:
M
If you read back up the thread, you may be able to take the same approach and be let off (Assuming youre new and havent done it before??)
Regards
Peter
Mikky

Thanks,

the resolution fix worked. :D

Yeah I read back through the thread and emailed the guy. I must admit it would have been nice if Betfair issued some kind of warning the first time you hit this limit, so that you became aware of it, rather than just debiting funds from your account.
Crazyskier

Mikky wrote:Thanks,

I must admit it would have been nice if Betfair issued some kind of warning the first time you hit this limit, so that you became aware of it, rather than just debiting funds from your account.
Abso-flipping-lutely!

I was frankly shocked when I noticed my balance was in the red, with a minus figure in front of it, not even allowing me to close positions or lay off bets! I expressed this disgust to the guy on the phone but he seems to think that the BPD team have no need to warn or notify players in advance as it's covered by the terms on the BF site.

The concept of CUSTOMER SERVICE was utterly lost on them. Hell, even your bank give you 30 days notice of charges!

Anyways, I hope you get the refund as I did, and ensure 995 per hour is your limit going forwards. Good luck!
kerberus

You think BetFair are unfair?
Navinder Sarao, the UK "flash crash" trader, can be extradited to the United States, a court has ruled.
Mr Sarao, 37, is accused of contributing to events on 6 May 2010, when the Dow Jones index briefly fell more than 1,000 points, temporarily wiping nearly $1 trillion off shares.
at least they don't extradite
BBC.co.uk
15 minutes ago
From the section Business
PeterLe

In teresting Snippet that thanks...this caught my eye:--

From a computer in the bedroom he'd grown up in, at his parents' semi-detached house under the Heathrow flight path, this casually dressed 37-year old traded remotely on an exchange in Chicago he had never visited.

In less than five years he made more than £30m

Crazy, but it shows whats possible when you put your mind to it! :o

heres the link by the way..when you read it, you can see the resemblance to betfair trading every day!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35863848
Mikky

I didn't hear anything back from the email address here, so I contacted the normal CS. They passed it to payments and they have decided to give me a refund as a one-off goodwill gesture.

nice result :)
Euler

It should be noted that transaction costs are offset against commission, so if you generate decent commission the 1000 limit per hour doesn't apply.
Crazyskier

Euler wrote:It should be noted that transaction costs are offset against commission, so if you generate decent commission the 1000 limit per hour doesn't apply.
To generate commission, first one must WIN on a market, something that my high-volume, small staking systems aren't doing very consistently.

I covet a position where I pay lots of commission and PC fees :lol:

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”