Stop loss still in play when the game starts?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
steven1976

Hi
Please can someone confirm that if i set up some football bets using a Stop Loss prior to kick off, change the status at in play to "in play". The stop loss is still working during the game???

I placed some bets prior to games and i feel like my stop loss hasnt kicked in. DO the stop losses get cancelled at the start of the game??

Please someone confirm
Ollie LJ

In-play football games are managed markets whereby whenever there is an event (goal, red card, penalty etc.,) the market is suspended and all unmatched positions (including stop losses)are removed. There is also a delay in placing of trades in play (8 seconds I think).

If your strategy relies on stop losses in-play, then you have to re-submit those trades every time there is a market suspension.
steven1976

If all unmatched bets are removed then howcome my position on chelsea at 10.5 which was only achieved after a goal has been scored has been matched?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”