Greening-up

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.

Hi
Today I tried my first 'in-running' bet, having already placed bets before the off(0.27p profit). After the in-running greening-up, all horses read £1.10. However, when I checked on my account, it only showed a 0.01 profit. Do you green-up at the off and then green-up again after placing in-running bets, or wait until after in-running? Any comments would be gratefully received. Thanks.
J.S.

What you need to do is green up after you have finished your trade, whether it is prerace or inplay the hedging has to occur after you have finished trading in the market. You can adjust your closure to include the hedge stake, which would save you from firing in a separate hedge order. Either way though all you need to do is ensure you have hedged after you have finished otherwise the full profit or liability will only be valid if that runner wins the race. It's good to get into the habit of checking the book before switching markets to ensure you've hedged properly, I know I've saved myself a few bob by doing this automatically, even when you're sure you've hedged it's important to check that it has definitely been matched!

Many thanks JS, especially about checking it before moving on!!!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”