Offset and stop or offset and trailing stop

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
cavoir

Hi.

May be it a stupid question.
But I don t anderstand the difference about the offset and stop and offset and trailing stop..

Thanck you.
Dallas

A stop is placed at a number of ticks away from your opening bet, where as a trailing stop moves each time the price moves in your favour by 1 tick, hence a trailing stop

So using a 5 tick trailing stop you back at 5.0 the stop is initially placed at 5.5 if the odds then shorten to 4.9 the stop shortens to 5.4
If the price continues to shorten to 4.2 the stop will also come down to 4.7

If your swing/trend trading its a good way to ensure a profit is locked in once a price has begun to move in your favour
cavoir

Hi boss DALLAS.

I was try bet and stop with 2€ and bet and trailing stop 4€.
You can see my copy screen.
Sorry but I don t anderstand the difference..

Thanck you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Firstly the number of your "stop trigger" ticks used should be equal to or less than the number you use for "place at"
This thread explains that part in full detail
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11746

For the trailing stop part if you look at the the two unmatched bets you have on the far right you will see it says "auto close at 2.46 placing at 2.36"

The current odds are 2.24, if those odds shorten to 2.20 (come down by 2 ticks) then your stop will also move down 2 ticks so it will say
"auto close at 2.42 placing at 2.32"

Here is a link to a video demonstrating the trailing stop and also touches on using the "Stop trigger" and "place at"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-p1-jhZwPY
cavoir

Hi dallas.

I saw you re video.
The second video it about right clic and stop loose.
but i thinck i anderstand...
If i use stop losse and training stop.
the stop loose move when the price down for example..

Sorry for my English.
Dallas

Yes thats right, the video link at the bottom of my last post is the one about using trailing stops, (the videos within the other link are about using the stop loss on its own and only relates to what i was saying about using "Trigger Stop" & "Place at")

PS, These are not my videos they are done by Peter, im just showing you where to find them
cavoir

Thanck you dallas
fredyboy67

Hi Guys, i've really some difficulties to set the "offset bet with trailing stop" which really annoy me because a believe it's a very usefull tool. I've been watching the videos about it use the same settings for some reason it doesn't work the same way for me at all, the stops and odds doesn't make sense at all so really don't know what i'm doing wrong it's so confusing!! i would really appreciate any links to videos or any other help about those settings.
ShaunWhite

cavoir wrote:
Fri May 27, 2016 1:46 pm
Hi dallas.

I saw you re video.
The second video it about right clic and stop loose.
but i thinck i anderstand...
If i use stop losse and training stop.
the stop loose move when the price down for example..

Sorry for my English.
A stop is nailed down, a trailing stop is attached to the end of a piece of string. It can be pulled along but not pushed away.

(should be interesting to see what Google translate makes of that)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”