Stop Order Type for opening positions.

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Nero Tulip

Not sure where to put this, but it seems a simple silly question, so maybe the newbies is the best place for it.

I am enjoying using the right click stop loss... But is there's a one click stop-style order (sorry I can't remember what the financial traders call this) which will open a position if a price is touched ?

Ie, my book is square, market at 2.8, I right click 2.74, if market touches 2.74 it fires in a sell (back) which will open a position. This would seem so advantageous I'm probably missing something blindingly obvious in the program that allows me to do this.. apologies.

If not, then perhaps put this near the top of the suggestions.
jimrobo

I think the order types you are meaning are sell stops and sell limit orders ( or buy stop/buy limit)
Nero Tulip

That's exactly what I'm talking about, thanks jim. Where are those located ? Or do I need to forward this to the suggestions forum? This is such an ideal feature I felt sure it would already be in the program.
Gary777

On day 2 of my Bet Angel trial. Having had a lot of financial trading experience I went searching for the possibility of placing stop orders.

As the original requestor did not get an answer is it safe to assume that stop orders cannot be made?

Would be a very worthwhile new feature if not.
Seabird

Please put this idea up as a suggestion. I totally agree with it. It would be an excellent new feature.

Seabird
rubino

Hi

I'm not sure if you mean your working on the ladder, you find your selection, at say 6.0, and you lay it before play.
Then you want to set a stop loss on at however much you are willing to risk, is this what you mean ?

Because this is what I do, but you have to have the TV Racing Channel with you, and have your finger at the ready. If you are interested, ask.

Rubino
Gary777

Hi

A stop order is not for managing the risk of an existing trade it is for opening a new trade.

An example of a stop order would be if my selection is trading at 6.0 right now and I do not want to lay it until it touches 7.0.

You are correct though I could watch the ladder and do this manually, but a 'ladder mouse click' would be 100% accurate and easier on the eyes!
PaddyOdoors

Only way I know to do this is via excel link with a macro

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”