Nightmare Start!

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
grigsy12

Have been reading, re-reading, watching vids, etc, for a few weeks now, and decided to trial my first trades on the first at Towcester today. Was trading both Pearlysteps and Ashleys Lad, as close favourites, but when I entered both markets they suddenly both went in the wrong direction. I then thought I would green, or rather, red up at -11c (Aus), by clicking on the Trade Profit button on the one click screen, but that didn't work, and I watched in horror as my minor loss increased until it turned into an eventual loss of $4.83, with seemingly nothing I could do. Clearly I need to re-watch a few vids, as I thought clicking the column heading with greening ticked locked up my position, but all it did was re-sort the column. Meh! Not a good start.
andyfuller

You need to watch the video again.

You need to click where I have circled on the image below:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grigsy12

Oh, derrrr, I was clicking the column heading - frantically!!! And all it was doing was sorting the horses, and my losses were getting bigger, and bigger. Well, I say bigger, it was only the minimum bet, but still I watched the good few trades I did make evaporate, and then some, before my eyes!
Ah well, you live and learn. Thanks Andy, couldn't work out why I couldn't cut out. Beginners numptiness I guess.
Thank you for sparing the time to address such a silly stuff up. I really appreciate it. I definely won't make that mistake again.
Predicton

Hi G,

if it's any comfort, I had another dabble at favourites (I usually steer clear of them, but thought I 'd try and see if I'd improved)today and demonstrated my ineptitude by getting my usual trade strike rate of 1 in 7 successes. After a while and another couple of unsuccessful trades (predicting fav moves is like trying to catch smoke in a gale to me) I dabbled with the second fav and failed again, similarly the third fav. At this point I chuckled and wondered if I would go through the race unsuccessfully trading each runner (I didn't as it happens succeeding to cut losses a little on the fourth fav).

I wonder if anybody out there can beat my record of unsuccessful trades on three runners in a race,

cheers, P

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”