Guardian

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
LeTiss

How useful is it?

I tried using it a couple of months back, but got hit for £295 from Betfair for data usage!

It appears to be a brilliant tool, but not at that cost

Is there a way of making it work for me, but more cost effectively?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Data usage charges are all accounted for within Guardian and Bet Angel. If you were hit with charges there must have been some other reason for that as it wouldn't have been Guardian that created those charges. Guardian was designed to allow you to monitor and trade multiple markets without opening multiple copies of Bet Angel and running those exact charges.
LeTiss

Really?

In that case, thanks, I'm glad I asked

So, any amount of markets can be tracked in Guardian without Betfair charging customers large amounts of money?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Yes, you control the data charges from the rules area of Bet Angel.
Nero Tulip

Though if you are using a spreadsheet to place bets or you have a very happy trigger figure, you might still get hit for transaction charges, as I have recently. Is it still 1000 bets an hour you are allowed ?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Yep 1000 an hour, but don't forget this is offset on your premium charge so the limit isn't as important as it was if you pay the "premium" charge.
LeTiss

Sorry to be bang on about this guys, but my 2 data usage charges by Betfair has made me a little nervous.

What settings do I need to have in the rules area to avoid the charges, and how many markets can I have stored in Guardian?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Goto the rules area and set the 'limit data requests from Betfair' option. If you exceed 20 you get a warning.

Your only limit on how many markets you can put in Guardian is the resources on your computer. Other than that it's unlimited.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”