Strange Problem

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
CaerMyrddin

Hi everyone...

I bought a new computer, but it seems to dislike BA.

The problem seems to be on the GPU, as when I click 'enhance ladder' it gets really sticky and it doesn't seem to draw everything correctly.

I've been in touch with the support team that as been very helpful (thank you!), but I would like to know if someone else had the same problem...

I'm sending an image just to show how ugly it gets sometimes:

I'm using Windows 7 64bit
SpikeyBob

If you haven't done so already, it is worth updating your graphics drivers.
CaerMyrddin

Thank you for yout reply.

Yes, I've downloaded the latest drivers, and already tried with older ones, but it didn't work out.

Anyone with a similar problem?
haniukaz

i have same problem. updating drivers doesn't help. i'm not sure is it gpu problem rendering 2d graphics or windows 7 some kind error. i removed all windows animations and themes and windows 7 looks like windows 98:) but this is the only way to use enhanced ladder and charting. its still sticky but possible to use.
CaerMyrddin

Thank you for your reply.

I'm going to install XP and see if it gets me somewhere...

But this is a very strange problem!
CaerMyrddin

haniukaz:

I installed a dual boot on my computer and BA seems to work very well on XP.
I'll test it deeply this afternoon and will let you know.

If it's a W7 problem, hopefully Microsoft will provide an update that fixes it, the question is when 8-)
gordo

I'm using Windows 7 with a standard setup and the latest 1.23.5 BA download - haven't experienced this problem.
davy

Hi gordo

Got the same problem with my new pc on 7. Also I find the ladder freezes, nothing else just the ladder, scares the hell out of me. Had to go back to my old pc until I can solve it. Let me know if you solve it.
haniukaz

any updates from microsoft or from nvidia would be useful:) but for now i'm staying with w7 because i cant install xp on my laptop unless i have to flash bios. vista and 7 requires more than basic gpu to run all programs smoothly. i use betangel from 1.22.1 and with all versions same problem. hope soon will get my new pc:)
CaerMyrddin

Hi, just to let you know BA has been running perfectly on XP, for the last days ;)
mulberryhawk

Hi CaerMyrddin,

I have been having the same on going problem with my set up since I started using windows 7. Just one quick question by installing a dual boot does it effect your windows 7 programme?

If you click on bet angel properties it gives you the option to run the programme in compatibility made for windows xp, do you have any idea whether this works or do you still have to install windows xp?

cheers
MarketTrader

mulberryhawk wrote:Hi CaerMyrddin,

I have been having the same on going problem with my set up since I started using windows 7. Just one quick question by installing a dual boot does it effect your windows 7 programme?

If you click on bet angel properties it gives you the option to run the programme in compatibility made for windows xp, do you have any idea whether this works or do you still have to install windows xp?

cheers
I've been using BA on Windows 7 for a few months now. No problems at all. Don't even use compatibility mode. So can't explain what is causing these graphics problems but in my experience, it is usually down to graphics driver issues.

I have dual boot, in fact I have tri-boot - XP, Vista or Windows 7. Booting into one is like booting a completely different machine so not sure what you mean about 'does it affect your windows 7 programme'. The answer is no - one does not affect the other. However, you will need to install applications for each OS. And you can only run one OS at a time.
mulberryhawk

Hi Markettrader,

Thanks for your response, I just installed a new graphics card in the nvidia GTS 250 which I presume is capable of coping with bet angel with a dual screen set up . I will probably just get Windows XP and it seems that will resolve the problem which is a bit of an annoyance to say the least.
Jimmy

Hi,

This wont help, but I did have the same problem about a year ago and I cant remember what I had to do to sort it.?? :oops: :roll: It was nothing to do with operating system as I was using xp and I still use XP

Cheers

Jimmy
andyfuller

Not had the issue myself but it wouldn't be anything to do with layered windows would it?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”