Strange Problem

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Zenyatta

I've had some performance problems with BA in general, but I assumed it's my laptop, I'm using a 2-year old fairly basic laptop and my hardware may not be fully up the job... BA keeps freezing up on me... the entire desk-top keeps slowing down a crawl, and the only way to fix the problem is to reset - obviously a major headache for me. (I'm using Windows Visa, so if my problem is the same as yours, its not in Windows 7). Like I said, it may be time for me to buy a new computer, BA seems to hog a lot of system resources.

You can imagine the problem. You put in one side of a trade, suddenly the whole computer freezes up, desperate you reset and log back on... only to find the other side of the trade was not made, the original bet stood in play and you lost the lot :twisted:

Thats another issue I have with trading, one computer problem, hardware failure, API problem at Betfair, software problem, internet connection problem, a non-runner (rule 4) cancelling the lay side...you can't gaurantee that you will close the trade. You can lose the lot.
Alpha322

CaerMyrddin wrote:Hi, just to let you know BA has been running perfectly on XP, for the last days ;)
That answers my question, i need to get XP installed on my machine
CaerMyrddin

Hi mulberryhawk.

The problem you're having is somewhat tricky and is connected to your HDD.

XP doesn't have IDE drivers and that's why you're having that bluescreen. If you know how to, you can make a tweak to XP and add those drivers. You will have to use something like nLite, but you must be sure about the drivers you're adding to XP.

If you don't have a clue what I'm talking about, try to get help from a friend that is more keen into computers.

Sorry about the late response!

(I confess, I'm addicted to trading :D )
mulberryhawk

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the tips, in the end I just gave up running BA on WIN 7 as it was just inoperable. I followed Haniukaz advice and altered the advanced visual performance settings to adjust for best performance. It now runs like WIN 98 (very retro) now but it runs almost perfectly.

Caermyrddin, thanks for the tips but yes your advice sounds like another langauge to me :? . I may have to ask someone with more IT knowledge than myself!
CaerMyrddin

No problem!

I hope it works fine for you.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”