What I've learned

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Llosgi

Hi Euler
Is your original strategy available somewhere? It would be good to get an overview. I have only figured out this approach by trial and error and make no claim to excellence.... I'd be very glad to read / watch the original.
Cheers
dannycutts

Euler wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:43 pm
Reading between the lines, it looks like one or more people have taken an old strategy I developed and tried to put their own flavour on it which has probably considerably muddied the water. Probably for the worse.
Can you show us the original strategy?

please..... pretty please :D
Bluesky

cybernet69 wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:30 pm
Who ?, my friend is not about to share any of it.
I could be completely wrong as I am not a programmer (never liked programming and consequently was never any good at it).

I would have thought that when Rule 4 comes into action, and the system can't get out for scratch but makes a loss instead, might give a smart programmer a clue as to how the original programmer in Chennai put together the scratch rules.
cybernet69

Bluesky wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:37 am
cybernet69 wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:30 pm
Who ?, my friend is not about to share any of it.
I could be completely wrong as I am not a programmer (never liked programming and consequently was never any good at it).

I would have thought that when Rule 4 comes into action, and the system can't get out for scratch but makes a loss instead, might give a smart programmer a clue as to how the original programmer in Chennai put together the scratch rules.
I don't have the source code so cant really say. But I imagine it has something to-do with taking into account the build up of matched/unmatched money either side of the LTP. But I am not an expert on the subject.

But this has lead me and others to explore another possibility. The games afoot. Get your coat Watson.
Bluesky

Llosgi wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:49 pm
But don't forget, if you can make 15% profit on one day (£1.50 over 15 races , say), tomorrow you will have £11.50 and if you keep compounding at that rate in 30 days you will have around a £1000.
When I first read this, it seemed a bit on the high side, are you sure about it? I have just used an on line calculator compounding £10 at 15% daily and after 30 days I get a figure of around £660. Still a fantastic return but I am wondering have I made a mistake in my calculations or have you.
ANGELS15

To compund like that you would have to be using your whole bank each time which as you start to go over £20
would take balls of steel for a newcommer? I mean by week 3 you would be trading over £300 a time?
glen10

i agree, compounding always looks good on paper but your soon wagering well outside the comfort zone especially as a newb!!!!!
but depends if only a percentage of bank is used.
ANGELS15

Yes and there are bound to be losing trades which wipe out or reduce profits. The annoying ones are where you think you've established the trading range for a horse even made a couple of successful scalps only to find the price suddenly shoots off several ticks leaving your bet unmatched and with little likelyhood of returning forcing you to exit with a loss.
cybernet69

ANGELS15 wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:26 am
Yes and there are bound to be losing trades which wipe out or reduce profits. The annoying ones are where you think you've established the trading range for a horse even made a couple of successful scalps only to find the price suddenly shoots off several ticks leaving your bet unmatched and with little likelyhood of returning forcing you to exit with a loss.
It works if you know what your dong.
Llosgi

I take your point about compounding. I set myself a challenge to see what I could achieve in 1 month, reinvesting any gains. I started with £11 and took it from there. I am not suggesting that I would do this as a general strategy for my whole bank
threedogs

Good post however I have just seen Adam Todd's video "Advanced coin flip trading strategy" where he shows trading a horse at random without charts with no clue whether price is expected to go up or down and makes an overall profit just by the way he trades it scratching ir taking a small loss and riding the profit till it stops.
Have I missed something here or why are we all watching graphs and looking at form etc
I know you dont need to know all about horse racing to trade it but other people form an opinion on whether the horse is going to come in or drift before they trade it
What do others feel about this ?
wearthefoxhat

threedogs wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:26 pm
Good post however I have just seen Adam Todd's video "Advanced coin flip trading strategy" where he shows trading a horse at random without charts with no clue whether price is expected to go up or down and makes an overall profit just by the way he trades it scratching ir taking a small loss and riding the profit till it stops.
Have I missed something here or why are we all watching graphs and looking at form etc
I know you dont need to know all about horse racing to trade it but other people form an opinion on whether the horse is going to come in or drift before they trade it
What do others feel about this ?
I find it best to form an opinion about the race/game before I start.

Plan the trade....trade the plan. (Can't remember where I heard it from, but it rings true for me)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”