data charges

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
danjef

I recently brought the software but i got some emails saying i broke the datacharge limit, i think they are just warning emails? im unsure have emailed them to check, but i have my betangel set to 20 so am wondering what went wrong? i only have 1 version running but i did have soccer mystic open at same time so does that count as two versions? so maybe should have it set to 10? any ideas? thanks
JollyGreen

The limit is 20 calls per second so a single instance of Bet Angel will use up your full quota safely and without charge. If you log into the website and start placing orders then you will exceed the limit albeit by a small amount but it will still probably trigger a warning e-mail from the counters at Betfair.

If you have Bet ANgel running and also run an instance of Soccer Mystic you are definitely going to incur data charges unless you restrict them both to 10 calls per second. In fact I would set them to 10 and 9 just to be safe.

It all comes down to how many times you access the server at Betfair. Bet Angel and Soccer Mystic are set to prevent them from singularly exceeding that limit so multiple instances of access from different software all counts towards data access and charges.
danjef

ah thanks for the info i thought that may be the case, i set my bet angel to 15 thought that would be a safe bet, but i cant see where i can set the limit on the soccer mystic.
this isnt a huge deal because i dont do more than 1-2 matches in soccer mystic at a time but would rather be safe than sorry so if you possibly know how i go abotu setting the limit in soccer mystic would be a great help, thanks.
harrysdog

Wow.. Ive just been had for £160 data charges for saturday and £17 for Sunday...
Good job I made £50 on Saturday and nothing on Sunday(dont think i gambled..i mean traded on sunday) otherwise it would be erm..quite bad...
enzabella2009

I have been charged several times for no apparent reason. I had the data request set at 15 per second but I have found out the VISTA or XP sometimes dont close your previus BA application correctly. This days BA will warn you if your computer is running more applications even though you see only one on your screen..you either restart your computer or ctrl+ALT+DEL to close the application manually on the start task manager
enzabella2009

I forgot to say you can have 2 BA applications open or more including soccer mistic as long you reset the data requests per second. 1 APPLICATION 20 x sec, 2 APPL. 10 x sec. each, 3 APPL. 6 x sec each, 4 APPL. 5 per sec. each. I never tryed it but i think it will work free of charges...
PeterLe

harrysdog wrote:Wow.. Ive just been had for £160 data charges for saturday and £17 for Sunday...
Good job I made £50 on Saturday and nothing on Sunday(dont think i gambled..i mean traded on sunday) otherwise it would be erm..quite bad...
Hi
I got hit quite hard last year..(about £500/600 I recall?)...Although I only appeared to have one BA instance open on the desktop, when I fired up task manager it had two running..(I check this every day now as I load up in the morning)...
Anyway, if you write to BDP at Betfair and explain, you data charges were unintentional etc, they may refund your charges, they did me..worth a try
Good Luck
Peter
PS The New BA version creates an alert if you try and log in twice..
harrysdog

thanks..seems I logged in twice. dont think they will budge... £160..ouch...money for old rope
PeterLe

harrysdog wrote:thanks..seems I logged in twice. dont think they will budge... £160..ouch...money for old rope
Give it a try (if you havent already)!! What have you to lose!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”