What causes your losses

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
stueytrader

Coin flipping/random entry point sounds easy on the entry point as an idea (of course!).

Difficulty of course is the exit point.
threedogs

Adam Todd does a video about "advanced coin flip strategy" and of course the title is just a joke but what he does is trade with just a random bet either back or lay and shows how to make profit and lose nothing or near to nothing by the trading style he uses and on a serious not he states that you do not have to know anything about horses jockeys trainers tracks weather form etx etc etc ..all you need to know is how to trade a market from wherever you enter it and thats enough to make money ..fascinating ...simple enter take a tick or two and out rinse and repeat very easy ..if it starts to go against you scratch fast ,,so easy its what I do ..
rayhigh

Hi threedogs

Can you check your private messages?... I sent you one a few weeks ago but it's still sat in my Outbox, I think because you've not read it.

I'd be interested to get your thoughts.

Regards... Ray
stueytrader

If you enter a market randomly, then your returns in terms of profit/loss are also going to be random.

Caveat, that you enter a market entirely randomly - even a small reason for entering is not random of course.
threedogs

If it makes money and its easy whats the problem ? ...
stueytrader

threedogs wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:55 am
If it makes money and its easy whats the problem ? ...
Not sure I believe it ever would personally, if you do believe that then fair enough. Not a strategy I personally believe will make profits long run.
ticktake

stueytrader wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:27 pm
If you enter a market randomly, then your returns in terms of profit/loss are also going to be random.
Are they though?

I wonder if I dropped PW into 100 random open trades (1 at a time), would he be able to turn a profit?

In theory, around 50 trades should be be good, and 50 should be bad. I think (or even expect) he'd be able to cancel the bad trades straight away and let enough of the good ones ride to turn a profit overall.
Emmson

ticktake wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:45 am
stueytrader wrote:
Are they though?

I wonder if I dropped PW into 100 random open trades (1 at a time), would he be able to turn a profit?

In theory, around 50 trades should be be good, and 50 should be bad. I think (or even expect) he'd be able to cancel the bad trades straight away and let enough of the good ones ride to turn a profit overall.
Peter already has traded at random, or one of his team. I found it fascinating when I stumbled upon it which is why I remember it.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=196
ticktake

Thanks Emmson, will take a look at that thread
Emmson

Here is an overlap thread.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=159&p=1029&hilit=tr ... ndom#p1029

A few years ago I attempted and nearly succeeded on reading every thread on here so I know where the juicy ones are.
stueytrader

ticktake wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:45 am
stueytrader wrote:
Are they though?

It's an interesting question, I agree. However, the problem I see is that however experienced or skilled you are in trading, if you are entering entirely randomly then there's no information (slash edge) to make estimates about where the market is going/how hard it will swing etc etc?

Another way to phrase this is you are 'trading without a plan' when you enter the market. Usually a no-no in most advice.

Be interested to know what other skilled traders think though.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”