Inverse display of bets

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
hellothere

I am new to BetAngel. It seems as though that, although betfair now display the inverse of all bets on screen, the inverse prices don't appear on BetAngel.

Am I correct in thinking that is the case?

Are the inverse prices still available when a bet is submitted via BetAngel even though they don't actually appear on screen?

Hope this makes sense.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

This is quirk of the new unmatched display process initiated by Betfair. All the bets are there but it seems Betfair's front end is changing the display of them and that is not being replicated elsewhere.

Betfair seemed to indicate it was a database / server issue and that is why they have now displayed them, but curiously that data is not exposed via the API. We have asked them why this is the case and if they plan to change it. If it was a back end issue then surely it would be shown everywhere. As it is it looks like they have just changed something at the front end.

Both the website and the API have the same bets in them, it's just that the display on the website is different. In tight markets this shouldn't make any difference but in illiquid markets it is likely to show up more.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Betiiar have come back to us and are reviewing the way inverse odds are displayed and how they could implement this via the API.
hellothere

Many thanks for the responses.
El Gordo

Hi,

Withn respect to the display of inverse bets, could someone explain how they are calculated. I was looking at a 3 runner market, with 2 of the runners not having anyone trying to back them at all (according to Betangel). On the Betfair front-end, there was money to back both of them in size. I understand how they can generate a back bet by laying the other two, but how can they do it when two of the markets are empty? Am I missing something?

Many thanks.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”