Betfair Account Data Delayed - Profiled as a Business User

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We did consider defaulting to streaming on, but there is still a small percentage of users that for one reason or another don't get on with it. Normally down to dodgy WiFi, broadband, PC, internet security software etc, but it's much safer to just default to polling. It just works and they can migrate up to streaming once they are more confident with the software.
alchemist87

Wolf1877 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:36 pm
As an update I managed to plead my case successfully on this occasion thankfully. I received the following message from BDP Support which I am posting to serve as a warning to others and for review by Bet Angel HQ.

"The market data delay has now been removed from your account. Please be aware however that live market data is for betting purposes only. The Historical Data Service https://historicdata.betfair.com/#/home is available for analysis purposes. Continued extensive viewing of live market data without requisite betting activity will result in further restrictions.

The use of practice mode for an extended period would have led to this restriction being triggered. To avoid the restriction in future I would recommend avoiding being logged in if not planning on betting. "

I do realise in hindsight that I was pushing the boundaries too far. Going forward I will be treading on eggshells until I have established a proven record with Betfair. I dont want my trading career stalling before it has even got off the ground when I know that I have both the mindset and technical ability to be successful in trading.
How did you manage to get the restriction lifted? I answered to those 6 questions too, that they ask when people contact BDP about the restriction, but they didn't lift the restriction for me. What did you say/do, to achieve that? Did they lift the restriction for you, without you placing bets after the restriction? Did you place bets before the restriction?
Also, you signed up for the BDP for £299, before the restriction was triggered, right? Then it's useless to sign up for the BDP to get rid of the restriction, as others suggest.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”