still not understanding green up differences

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
stefan084

Just trying the software and found versions of the answers I need but not quite. Why would one want to do the "spread equally among the runners hedge" type of greening up compared to just the runner (horse racing) you're focused on? Also, when I use that version and green up the green figures keep bouncing around until the end of the race when I thought your profit had been locked in at that point. Another question is, sometimes I unclick the green up to just green up an individual horse in play and when I get a profitable green figure I click it and it shows the amount I could've won but I don't actually win it. This whole thing is very knew to me and I have already tried to look up the answers but I love some help with this software. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help--Stef
Dallas

Try these threads
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11408
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11572

Post back if there is still anything unclear
ShaunWhite

You can't green up just one runner. Greening/hedging is designed to give you the same return no matter which horse wins.
stefan084

Dallas wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:43 pm
Try these threads
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11408
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11572

Post back if there is still anything unclear
thank you sir :)
stefan084

ok this is what my column looks like and what happens after I use it. of course any help is appreciated 8-)
helpz.png
help1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stefan084

for Dallas. so in the bottom picture I had backed the 7 horse Brevard Place before the race. during the race there were better odds so I hit my "lay $3" button to lock in a profit but it ends up being the only one that loses even though that horse won :lol: any help is greatly appreciated--thanks, Stef
stefan084

ok now when I have 1 horse backed and then hit the green up button it does the same thing as I mentioned in the previous post. if I have 2 or more picked (not dutched but just 2 selected) it works out fine and all the runners show the same profit.. would love some help thank you :cry:
stefan084

btw I realize I didn't have the green up on in the bottom picture because I was trying to just lay one runner, but it's doing it even when I have it on
Dallas

To close the trade for the profit shown in that column or to green up when the 'green' box at the top is ticked you need to actually click on one of those figures.
The software then calculates and submits the required stake.
If you have the log for one of the races and screenshot of your matched bets it will easier to see exactly what happened

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”