Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started : Back CS draws, lay draw technique...profit GUARANTEED..."almost" (?)

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
User avatar
ShaunWhite
Posts: 3706
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:42 am

Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:48 pm

So you have either a profit of £5 or a loss of £24.

That means you are backing the desired outcome at odds of 1.21

ilovepizza82
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:41 pm

Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:52 pm

Not sure how i should proceed with this technique. THe only way is either win £5 or lose even more. At least in this case and others. Either small profit thanks to laying draw or "decent" loss "thanks" to draw.
As far as I can tell the only way I could use it would be to use cs draws as a cover of some of my lay-draw losses sort of thing if i lost cs draws and hope to win draw laying.
Last edited by ilovepizza82 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ShaunWhite
Posts: 3706
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:42 am

Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:08 pm

I'll say it again. You will NOT find a magic combination that gives you a profit unless you are prepared to offer prices and they are taken..OR you take a further risk (which you can calcuate) and place some of the trades inplay.

Hola_Gringooooo
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:12 pm

Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:25 pm

Euler wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:39 pm
If you do that you are basically backing and lay the draw at the same time. By avoiding 3-3 you are effectively laying 3-3, so not sure why you just wouldn't do that instead?
Back 0-0 and 1-1 and lay the draw during inplay..if traders are not able to eliminate some outcomes then they should get a real job..backing 0-0 and 1-1 and laying the draw is not the same as laying 2-2..of course you should consider having a good knowledge of the teams you are trading and a good selection also..

User avatar
ShaunWhite
Posts: 3706
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:42 am

Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:19 pm

Hola_Gringooooo wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:25 pm
then they should get a real job.
:?:
There's no job more real than one where you're entirely responsible for your own income.
By 'real' job I assume you mean one where you show up, drink coffee and read the newspapers all day, do almost nothing and still get a pay cheque, I've had plenty of those.

Hola_Gringooooo
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:12 pm

Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:50 pm

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:19 pm
Hola_Gringooooo wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:25 pm
then they should get a real job.
:?:
There's no job more real than one where you're entirely responsible for your own income.

Yes of course if you've done the homeworks..
By real job i mean go and learn something useful..

User avatar
ShaunWhite
Posts: 3706
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:42 am

Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:53 pm

Hola_Gringooooo wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:50 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:19 pm
Hola_Gringooooo wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:25 pm
then they should get a real job.
:?:
There's no job more real than one where you're entirely responsible for your own income.
Yes of course if you've done the homeworks..
By real job i mean go and learn something useful..
What's more useful than learning how to be self sufficient?

Derek27
Posts: 3546
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:02 pm

Hola_Gringooooo wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:25 pm
if traders are not able to eliminate some outcomes then they should get a real job.
Eliminating some outcomes is not trading but gambling.

Hola_Gringooooo
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:12 pm

Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:14 pm

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:02 pm
Hola_Gringooooo wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:25 pm
if traders are not able to eliminate some outcomes then they should get a real job.
Eliminating some outcomes is not trading but gambling.
since when trading is not considered gambling anymore?

Hola_Gringooooo
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:12 pm

Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:16 pm

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:53 pm
Hola_Gringooooo wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:50 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:19 pm

:?:
There's no job more real than one where you're entirely responsible for your own income.
Yes of course if you've done the homeworks..
By real job i mean go and learn something useful..
What's more useful than learning how to be self sufficient?
Exactly..give up trying to find that holy grail that you are looking for on the exchange and grow vegetables in your back garden instead..This is the first step into becoming self sufficient..

Post Reply

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests