Would you always exit a trade?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh.
Post Reply
Phileas69
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:05 am

Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:20 pm

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if I should always exit a trade? I have read that to be technically trading, there should be an exit point, however I am wondering if this is always the case.

For example, I had small trade today on the under 3.5 goal market (back bet). A goal goes in, so I decide to let the trade continue for a smaller loss. The game is poor with not many shots on target. I then get to the point where I can trade out for no loss but decide to wait as the game is still poor. Anyway, I eventually traded out for a 9% profit which is much higher than I normally would trade out for but even still, I am thinking whether in some trades it is worth just letting the trade continue. The game was still 0-1 so the likelihood of there being 3 more goals were very slim considering how the game was going.

So, my question is, would you guys always trade out to protect your bank or in some cases let the trade continue?

Cheers Phileas

spreadbetting
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:06 pm

Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:22 pm

In general the odds on offer will be an accurate reflection of the chances, on this occasion your gamble letting it run paid off. In the future it may not.

When the probability of something happening is small it's always tempting to let it run but eventually it will happen we've alll seen how quickly a game can turn and goals come thick and fast. If you wish to take those chances it's fine but you just need to be consistent in your approach to all matches to avoid being 'unlucky' and one of the few times you don't close the goals fire in whereas the times you closed no one could hit the net.

Derek27
Posts: 397
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:51 pm

Phileas69 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:20 pm
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if I should always exit a trade? I have read that to be technically trading, there should be an exit point, however I am wondering if this is always the case.

For example, I had small trade today on the under 3.5 goal market (back bet). A goal goes in, so I decide to let the trade continue for a smaller loss. The game is poor with not many shots on target. I then get to the point where I can trade out for no loss but decide to wait as the game is still poor. Anyway, I eventually traded out for a 9% profit which is much higher than I normally would trade out for but even still, I am thinking whether in some trades it is worth just letting the trade continue. The game was still 0-1 so the likelihood of there being 3 more goals were very slim considering how the game was going.

So, my question is, would you guys always trade out to protect your bank or in some cases let the trade continue?

Cheers Phileas
You can let your trade run if you want, but it's not trading - that's gambling.

Trading and gambling are both profitable, but you have to be clear from the outset what you intend to do. If you're going to gamble do it properly. It's not advisable to mix the two because both games have entirely different approaches.

Phileas69
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:05 am

Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:30 pm

spreadbetting wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:22 pm
In general the odds on offer will be an accurate reflection of the chances, on this occasion your gamble letting it run paid off. In the future it may not.

When the probability of something happening is small it's always tempting to let it run but eventually it will happen we've alll seen how quickly a game can turn and goals come thick and fast. If you wish to take those chances it's fine but you just need to be consistent in your approach to all matches to avoid being 'unlucky' and one of the few times you don't close the goals fire in whereas the times you closed no one could hit the net.
Thanks spreadbetting, that is an excellent way of putting it "In general the odds on offer will be an accurate reflection of the chances, on this occasion your gamble letting it run paid off. In the future it may not." That will be a good way for me to decide whether to let a trade continue and to decide when to trade out. The back odds were 1.19 when I ended up trading out, so it is was still quite a big risk to let it go any longer. The game ended 1-1 of course.

Phileas69
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:05 am

Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:33 pm

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:51 pm
Phileas69 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:20 pm
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if I should always exit a trade? I have read that to be technically trading, there should be an exit point, however I am wondering if this is always the case.

For example, I had small trade today on the under 3.5 goal market (back bet). A goal goes in, so I decide to let the trade continue for a smaller loss. The game is poor with not many shots on target. I then get to the point where I can trade out for no loss but decide to wait as the game is still poor. Anyway, I eventually traded out for a 9% profit which is much higher than I normally would trade out for but even still, I am thinking whether in some trades it is worth just letting the trade continue. The game was still 0-1 so the likelihood of there being 3 more goals were very slim considering how the game was going.

So, my question is, would you guys always trade out to protect your bank or in some cases let the trade continue?

Cheers Phileas
You can let your trade run if you want, but it's not trading - that's gambling.

Trading and gambling are both profitable, but you have to be clear from the outset what you intend to do. If you're going to gamble do it properly. It's not advisable to mix the two because both games have entirely different approaches.
Thanks Derek27, I definitely want it to be as low risk as possible so hopefully it will be trading and not outright gambling.

User avatar
Kafkaesque
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:20 am

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:28 pm

There's a few thoughts on the subject in this topic, as it turned that way for a bit

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15388

And within ShaunWhite refers to a trading Vs gambling thread, if you wanna go further down that rabbit hole :D

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests