Laying a list of horses in a text file

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
mayoforsam

Newbie here trying to get an idea of the capabilities of Betangel.
After 18mths of back testing, manual betting etc I feel ready to take my system to the next level. My horse selection is too complex to attempt to automate it using Betangel so what my system does is in a convoluted way eventually spits out into a text file perhaps 2 or 3 horses per day that are suitable to lay.
My app can save these horses/race time/required price in a text file so what I now want to do is see if Bet angel is suitable to use where it can scan a text file every 10 mins, if there is a horse in it then lay the horse. I have the option of writing more code to do the betting automatically but is this something that BetAngel would be able to do?
spreadbetting

Bet angel can bet via being linked to excel, excel macros can easily read a text file. But if you're able to code your own betting routine why not do it as it's bound to be more efficient for you. Only drawback with the API is the £299 fee for the current api keys if you haven't already got them. You could even simply check the http betting headers and bet via a browser as all you need are the browser session cookies to confirm your login and recreate the http requests.
mayoforsam

yea, I would be able to write the code to do the betting automatically but as with everything in software if there is something else that can do the same job then it makes more sense to us it. Time is not critical in my selections as the prices tend to hang about a good while so its not time critical like inplay betting.
Might give BA a shot then and see it it can do the job.
Thnx

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”