Hedging Column On One Click Screen

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
markruk

Hi all,

This may be an obvious answer but I am a complete newbie and so would appreciate help.

Is the green hedging column active in the trial version of Betangel? I have the basic and not the professional version. I've watched the intro video and the hedging doesn't seem to work properly. When I click on the column it tries to make a single bet instead even though Greening is ticked. Am I missing something?
Dallas

Yes the trial of both versions are fully functioning

"When I click on the column it tries to make a single bet instead even though Greening is ticked. Am I missing something?"

Im not quiet sure what you mean? greening involves placing an opposing bet to what you opened with
markruk

Thanks for reply. Sorry if I wasn't clear. The video states that withe the Green button ticked you click on one of the prices in the Green column and it will hedge your bet. This doesn't seem to happen on mine. Also the lock button which appears next to the settings cogwheel button does not appear on my version.
Dallas

If you can post a copy of the log (from just one market after you have greened up using the trade profit column) and a screenshot showing the one click screen after wards that would help better
markruk

Okay. No problem. I'm at work at the moment. I will post a screenshot later today.

Thanks for your help.
markruk

Hi,
Here is the log after I have tapped the Trade column after placing a make market bet.

As you can see from the screenshot I have provided, the lock screen icon does not appear to the right of the setting icon. Could this be why and, if so, how do I rectify it.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Mark

13/12/2017 17:50:40: Market changed to Tampa (US) 13th Dec - 17:57 R2 6f Claim
13/12/2017 17:51:21: £ 1.00 Back bet placed on My Charming Clyde at 5.1. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 111270423913
13/12/2017 17:51:21: £ 1.00 Lay bet placed on My Charming Clyde at 4.8. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 111270423914
13/12/2017 17:54:50: Greened up My Charming Clyde by Laying 0.06 at 5.2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Im not sure which icon you mean by the locks creen but your using the trader version (not professional) so it doesn't have all the features of the pro version, these include the custom options of saving one-click layouts etc so all these disc/calendar type icons will be missing from the one click screen.

However none of those icons have any bearing on the greening up process and the greening up works the same way in both Bet Angel Trader and Bet Angel Professional.

Looking at your log and image the greening up has worked perfectly fine, looks like you clicked the 'Make market' button had both the back and lay matched then clicked the green up figure to place a final lay bet to green up (which is still unmatched at the time of the screen shot) but its been placed correctly and everything working as it should
markruk

That's fantastic. To me it looked like I was placing a separate bet and this didn't happen on the video so I thought I was doing it incorrectly. Thank you for your help.

As a newbie, can I just ask, does it make a major difference if the bet is unmatched?
Dallas

markruk wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:30 pm
That's fantastic. To me it looked like I was placing a separate bet and this didn't happen on the video so I thought I was doing it incorrectly. Thank you for your help.

As a newbie, can I just ask, does it make a major difference if the bet is unmatched?
In this instance if it remains unmatched when the race starts then you will only win the 30p if that selection wins the race but if any other runner wins then you win £0 (the amounts shown below the selections names)
markruk

I see. So it's best to get them matched if at all possible. I've got a lot to learn. Thank you for your time and patience.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”