Calculating Multiple Back Bets Pre-In Play

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Cards37

Hi all

I am trying to work out how I calculate multiple back bets against a scenario where I lay a large amount against a very strong favourite with the expectation it will drift.

For example lets say I was to lay $200 against Player A at $1.05 in a tennis match before the start.

If I wanted to place back bets at $1.10, $1.15, $1.20, $1.40 and $1.70, how would I calculate the bets required so that I don't end up backing too much or too little?

I'm not necessarily looking for an equal outcome, and if the outer bets go unmatched then I just make a smaller profit. I can't trade in-play so I want to set these up pre-in play.

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks
Derek27

Hi Cards37, welcome to the forum.

As far as I can see there is no easy way to calculate your back stakes because you don't know how many of your back bets will be matched.

I often lay a horse and place four back bets at various points on the ladder, each to a quarter of the stake. But obviously I have to manually green up before the off.

One thing you could consider, and it would take a bit of experimenting, in your example above, is to back at 1.1 for about 80-90% of your green up stake, and distribute the rest of your green up stake, or net stake, amongst the other three back bets. Or if you want to secure a profit if just one back bet gets matched, green up at 1.1 and distribute the would-be profit amongst the other three back bets.
spreadbetting

Not really given enough info as you don't state how you want any potential profit to be split at the various points. Are you looking to break even at 1.1 then split profits higher up the ladder?
Dallas

As Spreadbetting has said there is not much info in your post but you could use a servant to spread your exit bets out using your net stake at your defined number of ticks or percentage, there is an example here if you think something like this will suit your needs
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=15201
Cards37

Thanks all. I can't bet in play so I'm trying to set it up all in advance. I'll take a look at that servant, thanks Dallas.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”