Offset Betting not seeming to work when automated

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
clairesallis

Hi, I am new to BetAngel so trying to fathom out the various facilities within the software... making numerous errors along the way... I have obviously made an error in my present automation. I am automatically laying and backing horses using an offset, under various conditions through Guardian. The automation seems to work relatively well on certain races but on others, during the betting period, I am left with lots of matched lay bets and nothing in the unmatched back bets? or maybe just a few back bets but not the corresponding lay to back bets that should be present.... invariably leading to a loss... I can't understand what I have done wrong.... I don't understand how this is possible, surly each lay bet should lead to a corresponding back bet(offset)....any ideas?
Note: Time to Unmatched Bet set at 2secs and number of unmatched bets set to equal '0' for each selection?

Thanks
Dallas

Have you enabled fill/kill to ensure your offset is only placed after your initial bet is matched?
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11817

You shouldn't be left with any more than 1 unmatched back bet, which would only occur if a selection/runner goes on to win without ever drifting back out.
Every other selection will drift out to 1000 so all back bets on these would get matched
Mick

I had the same problem Saturday, totally steamrolled and I run off BetAngel vps. There was something weird going on Saturday; not matching, I’ve purchased BF tick data to have a look through

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”