The way Offset Bet with Greening and Trailing Stop Loss works seems illogical

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
autotrade

The way the Offset Bet with Greening and Trailing Stop Loss works seems totally illogical to me.

For example, if you have a back bet of £100 at 8.00 with an offset of 20 ticks and a stop loss of 5 ticks then the offset bet of £160 is placed at 5.00 and the Auto close is set at 9.00.

So far so good.

The problem is if the odds drift to 9.00 and the Auto close is reached, the stake is still £160, which gives an unexpected liability of £580. That is bad enough in itself but it gets much worse if the odds shorten again because it results in a huge loss with no easy way out.

Surely it would make more sense for the Auto stop to also be with greening so the position is closed for the expected small loss no matter what happens to the odds later. So at Auto close the stake should be £88.89.

Does anyone know if there is any way to automate this so it greens up on Auto close?
Dallas

The stop and trailing stop both use the value of the offset hence they can both only be used when offsetting, the only option is to use an automation file or servant that will then green you evenly after the stop has been triggered.
sa7med

For me this makes the stop/trailing stop feature quite useless. I had to write my own Stop loss functionality in excel to overcome this. Greening after a stop loss is not always the best practice because half the time a stop loss will overcompensate leading to an additional small loss once you greenup.
Niko

sa7med wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:51 am
For me this makes the stop/trailing stop feature quite useless. I had to write my own Stop loss functionality in excel to overcome this. Greening after a stop loss is not always the best practice because half the time a stop loss will overcompensate leading to an additional small loss once you greenup.
Have to agree

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”