Global Settings and Custom Columns (with a servant?)

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Sim12471

Greetings all!!

This is my first post here, but I have been using Bet Angel for a little while now and feel I understand most of the basic features fairly well.

I use the one-click interface and mainly like to trade in-running on horse racing markets, which I am sure you all know are highly volatile.

My problem / question is this:

Say for instance I have a custom column set up which places a back bet for me at a fixed price and stake (for this example let's say I want to back a horse at 5.0 for £10).
This custom column works fine and is set up as I want it to operate with my global settings set to "None" to just leave the order in the market should it be unmatched when I initially send it.

However I would also like to be able to send a bet from either the spread (Back 1, Back 2, Back 3, Lay 1, Lay 2, Lay 3 columns) or a seperate custom column that has an offset with greening and a trailing stop, which is also fill or kill.

Is it possible to tell a custom column to ignore the global settings and define which global setting I would like that specific column to use (for my example the back bet of 5.0 for £10 would be set to "None" as a global setting to just leave it in the market until I manually cancel it, and also not green me up automatically should it be matched) while at the same time, having either another custom column (or using the spread) that would apply a different global setting that would offset the bet for me with greening and a trailing stop loss?

I understand this could potentially be accomplished by disabling or enabling the global settings cog on the one-click interface, or by switching to a different profile, however if I am making multiple snap decisions in a horse race this can be both time consuming and easy to forget and my custom back column (5.0 for £10) will inevitably be sent with the wrong global settings.

If this is not directly possible, is there some sort of advanced feature that would give me a workaround to provide this function?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope I have been as clear as possible in explaining what I am trying to accomplish.

Kind Regards,
Sim12471.
Last edited by Sim12471 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dabbla

You can make a servant for the different variants then add the servants to custom buttons.
Sim12471

Thank you very much for your response Dabbla!

This is just what I was hoping was possible, but I have watched all the servant videos on Youtube and I do not particularly understand how I would go about implementing it myself.

Do you have a good grasp of the concept of servants? And if so, would you be so kind as to explain to me how I might go about setting up my desired function?

Say for example I would like to leave my global settings at "None" and create a custom column that would start a servant to place a back bet at 3.0 for £20 on my selection with an offset of 10 ticks with greening and a trailing stop loss of 3 ticks. Do you have any idea how I would go about setting up such a column/servant?

Kind Regards,
Sim12471.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”