Dutching

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:11 pm
Hugodaglish wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:36 pm
So tennis and footy are easier then?
Not necessarily 'easier' but perhaps a less frantic way for you to learn the fundamentals. The forum has some excellent information about them and some really interesting example files you can download to automate various strategies.

£35 from £3 trades? How many markets was that, how many trades, what was your strike rate.... and how many ticks were you making on average? Was that pre off or in running?

Lots of questions I know but that seems to be an extraordinary rate of return. £300 trades are not uncommon and I'd almost guarantee that even the best here didn't even get in the same postcode as £3500 today. What's your secret :) If I was on £3 trades I'd be over the moon if I made £3 profit in a dozen races. You're barely above minimum stake and projecting a grand a month!
I overlooked that, but it was up to £80 before getting distracted!

Was the £3 a typing error Hugo, with a missing naught?
Hugodaglish

I used a basic robot, I had a good tip that I backed on the 1 click screen and traded in Play, on all the races traded in play ( something I will not do today) today I will look at all the info, see if I can figure something out, use the bot with out interfering, by trading in play.

To be honest, I am not sure of everything I did ( which tells me I will not win in the long run).
Im sorry but at this time I cant answer the rest, as I dont know the answers, trying to absorb it all.
I am a dummy at this and I can afford what I deposited to practise with live, I just feel that its a good way of learning, including my mindset/psychology when trading real money.

I understand that what I wrote is amazing returns, we see how today goes!
I will be going through what I did yesterday as soon as pos to figure out.
I know I started with £46 now my account is £117.61.
Looking through log I lost £19 one time, have to figure that out.

So as far as I am concerned a lot of luck. With help of robot ( i dont even know how much I won or the bot won!!!)
I think I am the most uneducated person in this field. I am told by my kids and Mrs I am the most boring man :lol: :lol:
I dont drink or go pubs. I love History, English Constitutional History, and the dreaded Politics. If I can read all that boring stuff and learn then I can with this. I got A level in maths not long ago cause I was bored maybe it was that :lol: :lol:

Oh and £13 profit of that was on Footy

Can I copy my log and post it on here? or is that some sort of security issue, not wise? I dont even know what to look for on the log lol. If it would help then no problem, I just want to learn as I said I am not greedy and even making a small profit in a day is exciting to me. I think I am right in saying that money can be made here, off work got a little spare cash that i can afford to lose and I have this forum and bet angel :)

I hope I am a genius at this, the Fibonacci the Jung of trading hahaha. I doubt it very much.
Obviously my earnings in 2 days tell us nothing, but maybe beginners luck. So I will plod on and see what happens.
Last edited by Hugodaglish on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas

Hugodaglish wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:19 am

I dont drink or go pubs. I love History, English Constitutional History, and the dreaded Politics :D
That one line will elevate you in Shaunwhites book, roll on the next political market ;)
wearthefoxhat

Hugodaglish wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:19 am
I used a basic robot, I had a good tip that I backed on the 1 click screen and traded in Play, on all the races traded in play ( something I will not do today) today I will look at all the info, see if I can figure something out, use the bot with out interfering, by trading in play.
You made a good point. :idea:

The in-play action is fast and furious and a bot/automation is important to help cover the market for you. I found the The In-play trader is a fascinating piece of software. (The winning post icon before the tennis ball icon).

eg: Enter a trade when the tick bars are in a certain position, (back or lay), but have an automated instruction to green out in-play. (200 millisecs). I had a go in the races I wasn't dutching..wow, big swings and movements all over the place. If you work out front runners or held up types prior to the off, there could be an edge there somewhere. Most of the time, other traders are just dumping their get out positions in the market.
wearthefoxhat

Just a quick follow on. Here are 2 you tube vids from Peter Webb on using the in-play trader. Just watched them again..definite potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EAW4PSfOhc&t=614s
14 mins. (few months old)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5tLOl-miYU
3 mins (6 years old)
Hugodaglish

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:08 pm
Just a quick follow on. Here are 2 you tube vids from Peter Webb on using the in-play trader. Just watched them again..definite potential.

3 mins (6 years old)
Thanks I will look at these vids now. I think ther is an edge to.
Yesterday (Friday) I broke even, was up and down like a yoyo.
Leraned a lot though.
I came back trading on the ladder yesteday a long time before pre race 15 min or so, Scalping I think.
I got confused about taking a trade out :? Thats how uneducated I am on this. I thought the trades would green automatically.
Also It would not let me lay the fav to?
lot to learn still.
I will concentrate on this today using automation.
wearthefoxhat

Hugodaglish wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:34 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:08 pm

3 mins (6 years old)
Thanks I will look at these vids now. I think ther is an edge to.
Yesterday (Friday) I broke even, was up and down like a yoyo.
Leraned a lot though.
I came back trading on the ladder yesteday a long time before pre race 15 min or so, Scalping I think.
I got confused about taking a trade out :? Thats how uneducated I am on this. I thought the trades would green automatically.
Also It would not let me lay the fav to? a lot to learn still.
I will concentrate on this today using automation.
I had a go at the In-play trader yesterday.

Using 2 of the races as example:

Ayr 3.25

Trongate set off in front. I looked at the race before hand and felt Our Lucas would stalk it during race. My plan was to Lay-Trade with a liability once Trongate's price dropped, and back trade as O. L's price came in. Worked perfectly. The one tick trades for Laying Trongate and Backing O.L. matched smoothly and made the trading malarkey look easy!!

Leicester 3.50

Similar approach to above. I felt Lickpenny Larry would follow the front running Bonds Quest. Back-Traded L.L and waited on B.Q. to drop away, suddenly L.L falls, no trade outstanding, focussed on B.Q, Back-Trade, had to red-trade with a Stop-Loss as market moved against me, and then watched B.Q win easy. Trading malarkey not so easy!

Software is very quick placing the bets and coping with In-play volatility, good fun too, probably the most important bit. :D

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”