Best trading books

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
ShaunWhite

Texas Dolly's Supersystems is almost irrelevant in today's poker world. It very much relied on the fact that back then all poker was B&M and nobody would take marginal risks if they'd traveled to a game, paid for a hotel for 3 days and then saw about 15 hands an hour.

Online changed everything and most of the great players either had to change or disappeared into the cash game scene.

Poker isn't what it was unfortunately, it's all kids playing 32 simultaneous tables with tracking software and bankrolls they haven't learnt to appreciate or value. It's a numbers game rather than a mental game and has become incredibly boring.
brimson25

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:32 pm
Texas Dolly's Supersystems is almost irrelevant in today's poker world. It very much relied on the fact that back then all poker was B&M and nobody would take marginal risks if they'd traveled to a game, paid for a hotel for 3 days and then saw about 15 hands an hour.

Online changed everything and most of the great players either had to change or disappeared into the cash game scene.

Poker isn't what it was unfortunately, it's all kids playing 32 simultaneous tables with tracking software and bankrolls they haven't learnt to appreciate or value. It's a numbers game rather than a mental game and has become incredibly boring.
That's why I'm trading now... ;)
ShaunWhite

brimson25 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:53 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:32 pm
Texas Dolly's Supersystems is almost irrelevant in today's poker world.
That's why I'm trading now... ;)
They were good times brimson, interesting personalities rather than just identikit smug little geeks in hoodies sat fiddling on their smartphones.

I didn't start playing until the late 80s so didn't see the best of Doyle but probably saw the best of Helmuth, Negrano, Ivey etc a bit later. Nothing more fun than seeing Phil Helmuth on tilt.
brimson25

I agree. I made online work until last year, but I couldn't do it anymore.

I started to hate it, my results were falling off a cliff, and what's the point in that? Paying to do something you don't like - no thanks!

Anyway, I'm enjoying trading now.

It's good to feel as if you're getting better at something, and enjoying it, rather than hating it, and losing your edge.
ShaunWhite

brimson25 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:53 pm
I agree. I made online work until last year, but I couldn't do it anymore.

I started to hate it
Be prepared to hate trading even more sometimes ;)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”