Problem with Trailing Monetary Stop Loss

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
silkysoph

I am using the Trailing Monetary Stop Loss in conjunction with a take SP on a certain horse in some races which meet my criteria.I have added several more trailing stops to the original which in theory should increase the profit if running well which it often does.Here lies the problem -even when the profit is triggered it does not always green to what is expected -albeit a profit-it also regularly results in a loss as the log states bets cancelled and a red occurs.I realise that in play is very rapid and have altered the triggers to 5 with a 2 second delay.Would appreciate any greater minds than mine could point me in the right direction even if it is to - - -- off and try another automation as this is not viable but seems to so close to being successful consistently :?:
Dallas

If you're going to use a 'stop' in-play I'de suggest using a 'green-up' rule, that can then be set to trigger when a loss value is reached and at least fire multiple times and/or you could set more than one up depending on your strategy
silkysoph

Thanks Dallas A green up makes it lot less hairy .Getting my greater than and less than in proper order does help a bit as well :lol: All the best
Dallas

The best way to remember it is to visualize it as a ladder and remember greater is higher and less is lower

So if you wanted to set a rule to trigger if a loss is worse than -£3 you would use
'Less' than -£3 (less being any figure lower than -£3)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”