Percentage of Potential Profit

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Duke

Hi All

Quick queery;

Is it at all possible on Bet Angel Pro to have the second trade amount to automatically adjust to realise the maximum profit on all other selections and zero loss/profit on traded selection? Essentially creating a free lay bet. I find the profit can be considerably higher than greening the whole field.

I'm hoping someone knows of, and is familiar with the Chromaweb slider which has been around for many years and I enjoy using it as the majority of my trading activities and it would be helpful if Bet Angel had this feature.

Many Thanks
Dallas

Using the staking method 'By Liability back and lay' will achieve what you're looking for, see the link below for an example of the various ways to do it
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=13551
Duke

Thanks for the link sa7med

I will have a look :D
ShaunWhite

Duke wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:17 pm
I find the profit can be considerably higher than greening the whole field.
Long term that's only going to be the case if the free bet is running at a value price but I'd say that if taken at random, in the long run there'll be little difference. Market efficiency and all that.

It depends on your objectives really, steady income or some nice little extra bonuses with days in between that pay nothing for your efforts. As I said it's twelve and two sixes.
Duke

Dallas wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:34 pm
Using the staking method 'By Liability back and lay' will achieve what you're looking for, see the link below for an example of the various ways to do it
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=13551
Hi Dallas

Mision accomplished!!

I Love watching the favourite getting backed in, closing the trade then dutifully go on to lose, especially when I have a bet to nothing on the rest of the field.

Many thanks for the speedy reply
Duke

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:55 pm
Duke wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:17 pm
I find the profit can be considerably higher than greening the whole field.
Long term that's only going to be the case if the free bet is running at a value price but I'd say that if taken at random, in the long run there'll be little difference. Market efficiency and all that.

It depends on your objectives really, steady income or some nice little extra bonuses with days in between that pay nothing for your efforts. As I said it's twelve and two sixes.
Thanks Shaun White

I understand what you mean, with some types of races there would be too many favourites winning and returning zero profit and yes, sometimes it's more useful to maximise profit on all. However I tend to factor in the type of race, class, number of runners, form of competition, betting activity on market leaders and so on, and although it's not the only type of trade I will use in the day - it's nice that it has that function and I now know how to use it.
ShaunWhite

You never quite know what people understand when they post so I thought I should mention it. I'd never be prescriptive about what people actually choose to do.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”