Automation bots and greening losses

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Bunchie3174

Hi All
I have an adapted bot for picking the 3rd fav as a drifter IP. It works very well when it wins but I can't seem to get the right settings to get it to green/red up if it starts to go wrong. 4 times today this has happened. Not massive losses but losses where I thought I'd got the rules and conditions right.
Yes, I know I should have tried it in practice mode, my bad.
Basically I have the bot and have added a close all trades bot over the top.
I can't find where I've gone wrong with it, and I only notice when 3rd fav romps home to my annoyance.
Basically it's £2 stake and I want it to green up if greened figure is below -£2.50.
I think I may have the wrong trigger points set.
If anyone can cast an eye over my file and point out the glaring mistake I'd be more than happy.
Perhaps the learned members of this forum could run a rules masterclass. I'd listen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
neilb

Only had a really quick look and haven't run it but your 'Reset Signal when in Profit' rule is set to >-4.99 which is true even when your 'Signal if in loss' rule should trigger at <-2.50.
Bunchie3174

Should they have the same value?
Are you saying that the reset value is too low?
The signal if in loss would be overridden and not green up?
I'm still getting my head round signals and how it relates to the rules. I could do with all the functions laid out in time order so I can see what is happening.
neilb

Bunchie3174 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:52 am
Should they have the same value?
Are you saying that the reset value is too low?
The signal if in loss would be overridden and not green up?
I'm still getting my head round signals and how it relates to the rules. I could do with all the functions laid out in time order so I can see what is happening.
I don't know because I haven't followed the rules through but I thought that your 'Reset Signal when in Profit' rule was probably intended to do that.

-4.99 is a greater loss than the -2.50 your 'Signal if in loss' is set at therefore it will be resetting as soon as your in loss signal is triggered.

If you genuinely want a reset when in profit you need to use a positive number.
Bunchie3174

Thanks.
I'll have a play with it at various settings.
Because it's a relatively successful bot I've only had 5 losses in 24 races plus 2 races where it failed to fire for some reason.
Bunchie3174

Success, and that's when I lose! It works fine now after the adjustment. So my two losses so far today have been minimised without being affected by the fluctuations of the market. One of those closed out my position for a loss but was then pipped on the line.
Thanks for the advice

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”