How to determine profit/loss when using automation

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
cel1189

Hello all,

New to Bet Angel, I've started a free trial to get to grips with automation. I have however been using a certain other piece of trading software that I'm not sure if I should out-rightly mention - so I am not completely new to the space - just to BA and automation.

What I am struggling with is keeping track of profit/loss, logs and highlighting/gleaning info from them.

I'll upload a couple of snips of my BA screen to show the post race results - its not really making any sense to me right now. What I'm struggling to understand is which numbers should I be looking at to determine my profit/loss.

I'm mostly using a 'Lay the Field' bot copied from Peter's Youtube instructional.

https://imgur.com/a/UuG3NDQ

As its in practice mode, I can't figure it out from a balance change...

I tried looking into the profit/loss report logs that are generated - but this requires me to know the winner. In the long term, I just want to set the bot up on a morning, and check it the following day. Is there any way to see which (in this case) horse was the winner and what profit/loss is associated with the outcome?

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance
Dallas

You win or lose only the amount shown under the eventual winner's name (if you have fully greened up this would be the same for all selections)
In your image, the winner was 'Dame De Compagine' so you would have won £13 (you can tell that as its the only one at 1.01 while all the rest are at 100+)

Betfair don't provide the results info so once the market is closed if you have greened up equally you would need to check a results site for the actual winner and match that against its P/L .

There are a couple of ways of still seeing your P/L after the market has closed as detailed in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11349
cel1189

Something I'm still not getting...

This is the log output from the 16:25 at Cheltenham:

Time Selection Profit If Win Profit If Lose
16:33:19 Hillcrest Fire 3.5 0
16:33:19 Shine Baby Shine -1 0
16:33:19 Cubswin -8 0
16:33:19 Stylish Dancer -10.02 0
16:33:19 Harmonise 42 0
16:33:19 Foxy Lass 42 0
16:33:19 The Lady Rules 42 0

This was using a 'Lay the Field' bot, at 5.0 with £10 stakes.

Bets matched on first 4 - but I only have 1 chance of going green with the favourite out of all the horses lay'd - I'm just struggling to understand.

Something similar happened in the 16:35 at Ripon: This time an outsider came in, which for some reason the automation didn't catch and put a lay at 5 while in running.

The log shows the 'if won' column as £40 for this runner, but all others that got the lay placement pre-off or after post show a -10 figure - bar one which matched at 3.25 pre-off and shows and 'if won' of £7.5...

I don't know what it is, but I just can't seem to wrap my head around all the different possible figure outcomes...
Dallas

Im not sure how you have set your automation file up, perhaps you've selected the wrong staking method but something has not been done right.

As each lay is matched all runners in profit should be the same and all those in a loss should be the same.

Try downloading and using the LTF file from the shared files library, (you can, of course, change the odds and stake amount on the parameters tab) but otherwise its ready to use as is
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11239

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”