Reoccurring (Repeat) tick offset function

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Dallas

Justin53 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:39 am
Thanks for all your help Dallas,

Just wondering how many automation rules can be applied to a single market. Is there a restriction on this?

Cheers Justin
An automation file could easily handle 100 rules so you wont have any problems unless exceeding this by quiet some way
ShaunWhite

There's no limit to the number of commands /statements that go to make up a single automation definition (aka bot). But you can only apply one of these sets of rules to a given market.

You could however run several instances of BA each using different automation.

The only consideration is that if the different instances of BA are using the same BF account, then certain parameters are shared between them, such as the number of matched or unmatched bets or P&L conditions. Signals and stored values are unique to each instance.

So the short answer is yes, you can run multiple bots on a market but you will need to aware of the ways in which they might conflict with each other.
Justin53

Thanks Dallas that is good to hear that so many automation rules can run in one file.

Just wondering if you have an automation file applied to a market with say five different back 2 Lay fixed price rules in the file. If you went back and edited the automation file by adding some more rules, then re applied it to the market would all the original stakes be resent into the market and lose queue position, or would the rules that were already there before the edit remain in the market (as they were prior) once the update has been applied?

Thanks again Justin
Dallas

Justin53 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:31 pm
Thanks Dallas that is good to hear that so many automation rules can run in one file.

Just wondering if you have an automation file applied to a market with say five different back 2 Lay fixed price rules in the file. If you went back and edited the automation file by adding some more rules, then re applied it to the market would all the original stakes be resent into the market and lose queue position, or would the rules that were already there before the edit remain in the market (as they were prior) once the update has been applied?

Thanks again Justin
If you edit an automation file (while still applied to a market) then as soon as you save it it will begin from the start again with all its triggers etc reset. So the same bets can be placed again.
Any unmatched bets already in the market will still remain and be unaffected.
Justin53

Just checking about the normal tick offset tool within betangel. Is there an option on the tool to tell it to repeat the process a certain number of times or would this have to be done through guardian via an automation file?

In other words, is the tick offset function only a one time back to lay then you have to place the starting bet again?

Thanks for answering all these questions...
Dallas

Justin53 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:31 pm
Just checking about the normal tick offset tool within betangel. Is there an option on the tool to tell it to repeat the process a certain number of times or would this have to be done through guardian via an automation file?

In other words, is the tick offset function only a one time back to lay then you have to place the starting bet again?

Thanks for answering all these questions...
It would need to be done through guardians automation or a servant
Justin53

Hi everyone,

I have downloaded betangel professional a few days ago and have been attempting to produce the simple automation file that I have been talking about in this thread (repeat tick offset)

So far I have had no luck. I have told betangel to place a back bet at a fixed odd and then applied "offset with greening" to the automation file.

But when I arm the file to a market instead of placing a back bet it places a lay bet, as if it is trying to green up before the back bet has even entered the market.

I haven't even got to the part where once both trades have been matched to repeat for a second and third time. First I just want to get one back 2 lay trade to work...

Any suggestions as to where I am going wrong?

Thanks Justin
Dallas

Justin53 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 6:21 am

But when I arm the file to a market instead of placing a back bet it places a lay bet, as if it is trying to green up before the back bet has even entered the market.

Any suggestions as to where I am going wrong?

Thanks Justin
Its likely placing both bets at the same time and getting they lay matched instantly, enabling the fill/kill option will delay the offset until after the opening bet is filled
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11817
eatyourgreens

Hi Justin,
I'm a newbie too, this is my first post, but I think what you need to do is -

first make sure you are placing a "back bet"
then, on the parameters tab, choose your offset, .........if you dont tick the "fill or kill" box, guardian will place both a back and lay at the same time. If you do tick the "fill or kill" box , it will only place the lay bet after the back bet has been matched...... the batches box will place "batches" to the lay side as they are filled on the backside, i.e back bet £20, batches 4, will place £5 on the lay side everytime £5 is matched on the back side ...........

I hope I'm right,
and hope that helps,

Have a nice day! :-)
Justin53

Thank you both for clearing that up. Makes sense.

Could you please enlighten me on exactly what the fill or kill seconds delay refers to.

Is it the amount of delay after the back bet is matched before the lay bet is placed?

Or is it something to do with kill the initial back bet if it is not matched by a certain timeframe?

Cheers Justin
Justin53

Ah just realised there was a link from Dallas...

So the fill and kill is the second option I gave. It kills the back bet within a certain timeframe if not matched.

Cheers getting the gist now...
Justin53

Now I am up to the "recurring" tick offset part and am once again stuck.

So I went to the "General" tab within the automation rules editor and I decided to allow the 'place a back bet' rule to trigger 2 times with a wait time of 5 seconds between rearming.

I was hoping that this would give me the repeating tick offset I was looking for. Instead what happened is that once the first back bet was matched it did place the tick offset on the lay side 1 tick below, but instead of waiting for this tick offset lay bet to be matched before rearming, it just waited the 5 seconds and placed the next back bet, which of course got instantly matched again.

Had I had the repeat trigger on say 20 times it would have placed 20 back bets every 5 seconds before even hedging out of any of the lay bets.

Obviously what I would like the automation file to do is to complete the whole one tick offset (Back and Lay) before the next rearming is triggered.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks Justin.
Dallas

Justin53 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 11:58 am

So I went to the "General" tab within the automation rules editor and I decided to allow the 'place a back bet' rule to trigger 2 times with a wait time of 5 seconds between rearming.

I was hoping that this would give me the repeating tick offset I was looking for. Instead what happened is that once the first back bet was matched it did place the tick offset on the lay side 1 tick below, but instead of waiting for this tick offset lay bet to be matched before rearming, it just waited the 5 seconds and placed the next back bet, which of course got instantly matched again.

Had I had the repeat trigger on say 20 times it would have placed 20 back bets every 5 seconds before even hedging out of any of the lay bets.

Obviously what I would like the automation file to do is to complete the whole one tick offset (Back and Lay) before the next rearming is triggered.

Thanks Justin.
You just need to tell the automation what exactly it is your tring to do (ie, it doesnt know you want to wait till both bets are matched so will trigger another as soon as its rearmed)

There are a large list of conditions you can use
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/con ... 3D&mw=MzIw

The one you need is
Number of unmatched bets condition
Setting this to equal 0 will mean the rule can only trigger while there are no unmatched bets in the market
Kafkaesque

Dallas wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 12:05 pm
Justin53 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 11:58 am

Thanks Justin.
You just need to tell the automation what exactly it is your tring to do (ie, it doesnt know you want to wait till both bets are matched so will trigger another as soon as its rearmed)

There are a large list of conditions you can use
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/con ... 3D&mw=MzIw

The one you need is
Number of unmatched bets condition
Setting this to equal 0 will mean the rule can only trigger while there are no unmatched bets in the market
Just to add to this, then as is implied by Dallas' response, yes setting the trigger to repeat 20 times will result in 20 bets being placed. However, do note that once you set the unmatched bets condition as suggested, then you do need the trigger repeat to be a very high number, because it'll also count as a repeat trigger each time, the rule looks to trigger but doesn't because there's already an unmatched bet on.
Justin53

Cheers Dallas,

But let's say you had 3 back bet rules in the file. So one at 2.34, one at 2.36 and one at 2.38 and they all had the one tick offset with greening in the parameters.

Would this mean that for the first back bet to re-trigger I would have to have the unmatched bets condition set at 2, seeing as there are two back bets above it?

Thank you for all this help. It is really making this experience much simpler...

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”