Reoccurring (Repeat) tick offset function

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Justin53

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if there was any way using Betangel Professional to have a tick offset placed where once completed it repeats itself multiple times without you having to manually place the initial bet each time?

So for example. You set a one tick offset then place a back bet $200 stake at odds of 2.04. Once it is matched the program automatically places the $200 lay bet at odds of 2.02.

Once this lay bet at 2.02 is completely matched could the program automatically place the $200 back bet in a second time at 2.04 thus repeating the one tick trade multiple times?

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you all.
Dallas

Yes, its possible with Automation.

The shared files library has a number of ready-made files that use this principle, see below for a few of them
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11305
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=11538
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=11785
Justin53

Thanks for your reply Dallas,

Just another question. I assume it would be rather easy to program a bot that simply places a back bet at the 2.04 price then lays at 2.02 and repeats this process without the bot backing at market value?

If this is the case, and you wanted to place multiple back bets in at say 2.04, 2.06 and 2.08 would this require the use of three separate automation files, or could this be programmed into one bot?

Thanks again,

Justin.
Dallas

Justin53 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:24 am
Thanks for your reply Dallas,

Just another question. I assume it would be rather easy to program a bot that simply places a back bet at the 2.04 price then lays at 2.02 and repeats this process without the bot backing at market value?

If this is the case, and you wanted to place multiple back bets in at say 2.04, 2.06 and 2.08 would this require the use of three separate automation files, or could this be programmed into one bot?

Thanks again,

Justin.
It can all be done within one automation file by using additional rules.

There is a ready-made 'Servant' that will do this, which you can download to have a look at to see how its made
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=15201
Justin53

Hi Dallas,

So I just had a look at the servant youtube video by Peter and it looks very good.

Are you saying that by using additional rules you could get all those three back bets to complete one tick offsets and continue to repeat all at the same time?

Cheers Justin
Dallas

Justin53 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:51 am

Are you saying that by using additional rules you could get all those three back bets to complete one tick offsets and continue to repeat all at the same time?

Yes you can set up as many as you want and keep repeating as much as you want, they can all offset by 1 tick or each use different number of ticks
Justin53

Thanks again Dallas,

Sorry to keep annoying you but I actually am trying to suss out whether I should go ahead and buy betangel so I actually haven't even used it before.
That's why I probably seem so naive.
I'm guessing by looking at the website that all the automation stuff comes with bettrader professional which includes guardian?
Justin53

Sorry I meant to say "betangel" professional
Dallas

Yes you will need the Bet Angel Professional version if you want to use automation or servants. If you have never used it before you can register for a 14-day free trial first

Also, a new beta version was just released to the forum last week which you can download from the link below (and see the latest added features)
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16227
Justin53

Thanks for all your help Dallas,

Just wondering how many automation rules can be applied to a single market. Is there a restriction on this?

Cheers Justin
Dallas

Justin53 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:39 am
Thanks for all your help Dallas,

Just wondering how many automation rules can be applied to a single market. Is there a restriction on this?

Cheers Justin
An automation file could easily handle 100 rules so you wont have any problems unless exceeding this by quiet some way
ShaunWhite

There's no limit to the number of commands /statements that go to make up a single automation definition (aka bot). But you can only apply one of these sets of rules to a given market.

You could however run several instances of BA each using different automation.

The only consideration is that if the different instances of BA are using the same BF account, then certain parameters are shared between them, such as the number of matched or unmatched bets or P&L conditions. Signals and stored values are unique to each instance.

So the short answer is yes, you can run multiple bots on a market but you will need to aware of the ways in which they might conflict with each other.
Justin53

Thanks Dallas that is good to hear that so many automation rules can run in one file.

Just wondering if you have an automation file applied to a market with say five different back 2 Lay fixed price rules in the file. If you went back and edited the automation file by adding some more rules, then re applied it to the market would all the original stakes be resent into the market and lose queue position, or would the rules that were already there before the edit remain in the market (as they were prior) once the update has been applied?

Thanks again Justin
Dallas

Justin53 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:31 pm
Thanks Dallas that is good to hear that so many automation rules can run in one file.

Just wondering if you have an automation file applied to a market with say five different back 2 Lay fixed price rules in the file. If you went back and edited the automation file by adding some more rules, then re applied it to the market would all the original stakes be resent into the market and lose queue position, or would the rules that were already there before the edit remain in the market (as they were prior) once the update has been applied?

Thanks again Justin
If you edit an automation file (while still applied to a market) then as soon as you save it it will begin from the start again with all its triggers etc reset. So the same bets can be placed again.
Any unmatched bets already in the market will still remain and be unaffected.
Justin53

Just checking about the normal tick offset tool within betangel. Is there an option on the tool to tell it to repeat the process a certain number of times or would this have to be done through guardian via an automation file?

In other words, is the tick offset function only a one time back to lay then you have to place the starting bet again?

Thanks for answering all these questions...

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”