Newbie looking for some direction on the forum

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
trader44

did you get my reply to your pm ,thanks
Korattt

if I may add?,

forget targets as every day is different,

if you can crack how the markets work & why then you’ll do this, don’t sit at a screen & say to yourself I think that’s gonna drift or that’s gonna come in, there’s no use guessing if you can’t understand why a move played out, find a method (an edge) you understand that works, the try & find another one.. & another one et al

best of luck 👍🏻
trader44

also i think if we understand and accept the markets are totally random, ie one trade has nothing to do with the one before or after and just because all signs are there for a price to move there is no guarantee it will move.
Korattt

trader44 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:41 pm
also i think if we understand and accept the markets are totally random, ie one trade has nothing to do with the one before or after and just because all signs are there for a price to move there is no guarantee it will move.
I agree & with that if we’re able to put ourselves in a position where a payoff is likely more often than not then profits will grow day by day
Moniac

trader44 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:41 pm
ie one trade has nothing to do with the one before or after
The Gambler's Falacy is a thing people struggle with because of the Law of Large Numbers
Last edited by Moniac on Wed May 09, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
trader44

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”