Simple back bets on auto

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
markkirwan

Hi everyone,

Can someone please point me to the relevant thread?

I'm looking for a way to input all my place bets for the day (usually about 20, only ever 1 in a race) but only place a back bet if the price is 1.6 or below 5 seconds before the off.
Using 10% of my bank, usually get about 8 bets per day.

I work out the bets the day before and do save them as a csv file.

All help will be most welcome

Mark
jimibt

mark - is the 1.6 at 5 seconds to the off a subset of a refined list, or is that the base selection parameters?? if so, you could create a fairly simple automation rule that literally uses those params?? (in fact, quickly created one there!!). in this instance, you'd apply the rule to all races for the day, but it would only be activated if the 1.6 back odds condition was met prior to the race start.. (out of interest, is there a lower back odds limit, i.e. 1.3 odds etc?? - if so, you'd add that as a second condition)

Mark - back bet at 1.6 odds.baf
of course, if you mean how can you add the list to guardian where only those runners qualify (i.e. odds in that range, the day before), then that is a different matter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
markkirwan

Thanks for the help.

I'm up and running now, tried it in practice mode for 2 days so I could tweek it and went live yesterday and all worked great. :D

BUT

at the moment I'm clicking on each race in Guardian and selecting the horse that I want in the Nomination 1 column which does take a while. Is there a way to import my selections from my spreadsheet?
markkirwan

its strange but I've put a maximum price of 1.61 for the selections as I only wanted to bet on horses who were 1.60 or below but today I had 2 losers whose prices were 2.0 & 1.67 which made a profitable day into a losing day :x
phrenetic

If you are backing then you can't control the maximum odds at which your bet is MATCHED. If you are laying, then you can't control the minimum odds.

So, the odds on a selection could be 1.60 when your back bet is PLACED but, as Betfair will always match at the requested odds or better, you could be MATCHED at odds which are higher than 1.60

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”