Maximum seconds delay for fill or kill

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Justin53

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if there was a upper (max) limit for the amount of seconds delay you can input into the fill or kill seconds delay box, or can you put any number you like?

Thanks Justin
eatyourgreens

hi Justin,
Not sure but I think it is ok to put as many 9999's in the box as you want.

If I do an offset bet, and I dont want the offset placed until the first bet is matched, I just put 9999 in the box that seems to work fine.

A strategy I tried a few weeks ago to scalp the doggies involved using "fill or kill" with 1 or 2 second delay, and a weight of money condition to try to get the best price b4 offset. I left the bot running ............pop! pop! pop! pop! it was going............................................I was only trying to make a few pence a race ( didn't succeed ) , Then I got hit with £70+ of data charges from betfair :-( Just thought I would mention that in case you start experimenting Like I did.

Have a nice day! :-)
Tuco

...the maximun is 99999 seconds which is 1666.65 minutes or 27.7775 hours :)
Justin53

Hi Eatyourgreens,

Could I ask how many greyhound markets you had the bot running on and for approx how long for each race?

Just trying to work out how much usage would constitute such a data charge.

Regards Justin.
Justin53

Also while I think of it,

Would allowing a rule to trigger every say 5 seconds but it gets blocked by conditions constitute data that could lead to a data charge?

Or would it only be if you kept placing actual bets into the market with the fill or kill on 1 or seconds and kept that bot running...
phrenetic

Information on charging (from Betfair)...
Transaction Charges

This section only applies to the Betfair Exchange.

In addition to any commission payments, Betfair customers will be charged a transaction fee if they process a large number of transactions on either the main Betting Exchange or on Exchange Games.

NB - Transaction Charges only apply to customers placing or editing more than 1000 bets an hour (although in the case of Exchange Games, the editing of bets is not included). The number of bets placed across the Betting Exchange and Exchange Games are calculated separately for the purposes of calculating any Transaction Charges payable. So, for example, if within the same hour you placed 800 bets on the Betting Exchange and 700 bets on Exchange Games, no Transaction Charges would be payable in respect of any of those bets.

At the end of every day, we add up all the bets you placed or edited (whether matched, cancelled or lapsed). If this number is in excess of 1000 in any hour of the day then:

for customers placing bets through the Application Programmers Interface (API) on the Betting Exchange or for customers placing bets either through the API or on the website on Exchange Games, we will multiply this number by 1p;
and for website customers on the Betting Exchange, we will multiply this number by 2p.

For the purpose of Transaction Charges, bets on financial markets will count as 0.25 of a bet. This will form the basis of the transaction fee, but we will offset this fee against the following amount:

(Commission + Implied Commission) ÷ 2

where Implied Commission = market losses x 3%

NB: the Exchange Games transaction charge is offset using commission paid instead of commission generated.

Any remaining amount will be charged to your account on a daily basis. Should your (commission + implied commission) ÷ 2 exceed this amount, you will not be charged a transaction fee. Accounts that relate to one person, entity, API subscription or a Master account (Trading version only) with related Sub accounts are treated as one customer for the purposes of transaction charging. Note that no Betfair points will accrue for transaction fees.

Example 1:
You are an API user who pays (commission + implied commission) ÷ 2 of £18.50 throughout a given day.
However, between the hours of 14:00 and 15:00 you placed 2500 bets and between the hours of 15:00 and 16:00 you placed 3250 bets, but in other hours you placed less than 1000 bets.
Your base transaction charge is (2500-1000)*£0.01 + (3250-1000)*£0.01 = £37.50.
Therefore you will be billed an additional £37.50-£18.50 = £19.00 on the following day.

Example 2:
You are a Website user who pays (commission + implied commission) ÷ 2 of £20.00 throughout a given day.
However, between the hours of 14:00 and 15:00 you placed 3000 bets on financial markets and 1500 bets on non financial markets. In all other hours you placed less than 1000 bets on all markets.
Your base transaction charge is (((3000*0.25) + 1500)-1000)*£0.02 = £25.00.
Therefore you will be billed an additional £25.00-£20.00 = £5.00 on the following day.
Justin53

So if Betangel blocks a rule from triggering and placing a bet in the market via a condition attached to the rule would that be included in these 1000 an hour, or is it because the trade never gets entered into the market then it has no bearing on this data charge?

Thanks Justin
Euler

The 1000 transaction count is an actual transaction, a bet, a cancellation or some action on the exchange. It's also offset against commission so if you put some money through the market you can do more transactions.
Justin53

Thanks Euler,

that's good to hear, I should be ok on the 1000 in 1 hr as my fill or kill delay time will be quite high, hence the reason for this thread in the first place.

If it included the trigger cancellations, I may have been in trouble.
Dallas

Justin53 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 12:31 pm
Thanks Euler,

that's good to hear, I should be ok on the 1000 in 1 hr as my fill or kill delay time will be quite high, hence the reason for this thread in the first place.

If it included the trigger cancellations, I may have been in trouble.
Bottom right corner of your screen you'll see Tx
This displays your number of transaction per hour
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11378
mobius

I got hit by transaction charges a few weeks ago. Simple solution - use the Betfair facilities and trade on A.N.O.T.H.E.R Ltd. exchange. I'm sure the SHAREHOLDERS in Betfair will just love BF making money for other companies.
1. for the suggestion box. Would it be possible to display the TX the same way the Clock is displayed - Floating right in the middle of the screen?

BF are committing corporate suicide with the legal implications. Obviously they think they are above a parlimentary/senate enquiry into their practices. A bit like the banks, or VW, etc. etc. etc.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”